Oracle to issue 88 security patches on Tuesday
The patch batch is even larger than the last one
IDG News Service - Oracle is planning to release 88 patches on Tuesday, covering vulnerabilities affecting a wide array of its products, according to a pre-release announcement posted to its website on Thursday.
Tuesday's scheduled patch release is larger than Oracle's last quarterly critical patch update in January, when it released 78 fixes.
The upcoming patch batch includes six fixes for Oracle's database, three of which can be exploited remotely without a username and password. The highest CVSS (Common Vulnerability Scoring System) base score for the database bugs is 9.0 on the system's 10-point scale.
Another 11 patches cover Oracle Fusion Middleware, with nine being remotely exploitable without authentication. Within this group, the highest CVSS base score is 10 for Oracle JRockit. Other affected products include BI Publisher and JDeveloper.
The patch release also includes six bug-fixes for Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control; four for the E-Business Suite ERP (enterprise resource planning) application; five for Oracle's Supply Chain Suite; 15 for various PeopleSoft Enterprise applications; 17 for Oracle Financial Services software; two for Oracle Industry Applications; and one for Oracle Primavera.
Another 15 cover Oracle Sun products, including the GlassFish application server and the Solaris OS. Oracle is also set to ship six patches for the MySQL database.
"Due to the threat posed by a successful attack, Oracle strongly recommends that customers apply Critical Patch Update fixes as soon as possible," the company said on its website.
Oracle releases bug-fixes for the Java SE programming language on a separate quarterly schedule than its packaged products. The next update for Java SE is set for June.
Chris Kanaracus covers enterprise software and general technology breaking news for The IDG News Service. Chris's e-mail address is Chris_Kanaracus@idg.com
- Who's Spying on You? You're aware of the threats of malware to your business but what about the ever-changing ground rules? Cybercriminals today are launching attacks against...
- The Business Value of Continuous Delivery Download this whitepaper to learn more about the business value of Continuous Delivery and see why it could be a game changer for...
- Ten Factors Shaping the Future of Application Delivery Download this research report conducted by Enterprise Management Associates (EMA) to learn how those that are seeking to accelerate application delivery are leveraging...
- Software Asset Management: Ensuring Today's Assets Today's trends like BYOD and SaaS are new and exciting in terms of how they will help make our jobs more productive but...
- On-demand webinar - 7 Keys to Service Catalog Implementation Success Watch this webinar to learn 7 crucial keys to make your service catalog a success!
- Transform Your IT Service Management Watch this webinar, to learn how EasyVista can increase IT productivity & efficiency and deliver streamlined & integrated IT Service & Asset Mgmt. All Malware and Vulnerabilities White Papers | Webcasts