Judge dismisses one Marin County suit versus Deloitte
The second lawsuit repeated many of the claims made in the first one, adding charges that all three defendants violated federal racketeering laws. The second suit sought $90 million in damages.
The second suit was first heard in a federal court, which dismissed several of the county's claims. It also ordered that the county file separate suits against SAP and Culver.
The federal court asked former Judge Herlihy to decide on the remaining charges against Deloitte.
Herlihy dismissed the remainder of the lawsuit, concluding that it raised the many of the same issues that were dismissed in the first lawsuit. "The two actions by the County against Deloitte involve the same injury to the County and the same wrongs by Deloitte," Herlihy wrote.
Ressler said the two sides are currently in the process of providing depositions in the matter involving the bribery, the breach of contract and breach of warranty claims that remain to be resolved.
Both sides have a right to appeal Herlihy's verdict, he added.
Jaikumar Vijayan covers data security and privacy issues, financial services security and e-voting for Computerworld. Follow Jaikumar on Twitter at @jaivijayan, or subscribe to Jaikumar's RSS feed . His e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more about Government/Industries in Computerworld's Government/Industries Topic Center.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
Changing the Way Government Works: Four Technology Trends that Drive Down Costs and Increase Productivity
This paper discusses four technology-based approaches to improving processes and increasing
productivity while driving down department and agency costs.
- Accelerating Speed to Market in the Highly Competitive Automotive Industry This White Paper discusses how an Enterprise Project Portfolio Management solution optimizes project analysis, management, reporting and risk mitigation processes to accelerate new...
- Hedge Your Bets This report explains how visibility and increased governance is key to reducing risk.
- In the Firing Line CEOs Are Increasingly Being Held Accountable; How susceptible is the CEO's reputation to poor performance across the project portfolio?
- Make or Break: New Auto Products Must Go To Market On Time This Webcast quantifies the value of time to market for the auto industry and highlights how Primavera Enterprise Portfolio Management can help organizations.
- Getting Ready for BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10.2 Find out how BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10 helps organizations address the full spectrum of EMM challenges, while balancing the needs of both the... All Government/Industries White Papers | Webcasts