BAT signs Â£132m deal for cloud-based SAP
Company wants single instance of SAP across 65 countries
Computerworld UK - British American Tobacco (BAT) has signed a seven-year 160 million (APS132 million) cloud-based SAP business software deal with Deutsche Telekom's IT subsidiary T-Systems.
The cloud contract will help BAT support its 200-plus brand portfolio, including Dunhill, Kent, Pall Mall and Lucky Strike.
BAT uses SAP systems to operate its businesses around the world and is investing in a consolidation programme that will culminate in a single instance of SAP operating in 65 global markets by 2016.
Over a two-year period BAT and T-Systems will move the business software into the cloud "so that SAP services will exactly mirror BAT's cyclical demands and will couple cost to real usage", said BAT.
Phil Colman, BAT CIO, said: "Our IT strategy focuses on a single portfolio of connected applications running on standardised technology to drive competitive advantage across the business. The T-Systems deal will help us to deliver that strategy."
As part of the contract T-Systems will consolidate currently ten international BAT data centres into three global data centres in Europe, Asia and South America.
SAP recently launched a multi-tenant version of its Business One ERP suite, which will be sold exclusively through partners as Business One OnDemand. Multi-tenancy is a software architecture commonly used by SaaS vendors, where multiple customers share the same instance of an application but with their corporate data locked away from each other.
- Move Mission-Critical Apps to the Cloud with AWS and F5 Read this paper to learn about adoption inhibitors of the cloud, potential solutions, and how advanced Application Delivery Controller (ADC) technologies are critical...
- The Principles of the Business Data Lake The Business Data Lake is a new approach to information management, analytics and reporting that better matches the culture of business and better...
- Start with a Data Lake. End with Business Value. Pivotal Big Data Suite enables companies to store all data, accelerate processing and most importantly increase the amount of data being analyzed and...
- Store Everything. Analyze Anything, Build the Right Thing. The value of Information has increased, so has the business's thirst for more information.
- Transform Your IT Service Management Watch this webinar, to learn how EasyVista can increase IT productivity & efficiency and deliver streamlined & integrated IT Service & Asset Mgmt.
- Responding to New SSL Cybersecurity Threat The featured Gartner research examines current strategies to address new SSL cybersecurity threats and vulnerabilities. All Applications White Papers | Webcasts