Dell to acquire modernization specialist Make Technologies
Dell announces its third enterprise-related acquisition of the week
IDG News Service - Dell plans to acquire Make Technologies, which specializes in helping businesses replace outdated IT systems, the company said Thursday, marking its third enterprise-related acquisition announcement this week.
Make Technologies aims to reduce costs for companies that use business-critical legacy systems, which are old applications or computer systems that continue to be used, even if there are newer products that do a better job and are often cheaper to run.
Make Technologies migrates those legacy systems to a cloud infrastructure or other open standardized platforms. Dell is going to acquire the company to add a faster, more reliable and cost-effective approach to the re-engineering of applications, the company said.
Make Technologies provides automated application and code migration tools that help migrate legacy applications to a more modern architecture.
Terms of the deal to buy Make Technologies, which is based in Vancouver, British Columbia, were not disclosed. The approximately 100 Make Technologies employees will be added to the Dell Service team, and the deal is expected to close in the second quarter of the company's fiscal year.
On Monday, Dell announced it has agreed to buy Wyse Technology, a maker of software and hardware for thin clients. And on Tuesday, Dell announced it had purchased application modernization vendor Clerity Solutions.
Dell said it plans to combine Make Technologies and Clerity into its existing Dell Services, which include application services, IT consulting and business process services.
Loek covers all things tech for the IDG News Service. Follow him on Twitter at @loekessers or email tips and comments to email@example.com
- Aberdeen Group: Marketing Analytics for Manufacturing: Forging Customer Insights There are no recalls for poor marketing. Manufacturers need to get their customer intelligence and messaging right the first time. Learn how.
- The Brave New World of Customer-Centric Manufacturing The Unique Opportunity for Manufacturers to Better Understand their Consumers
- See the Possibilities Utilizing Data Visualization Do you simply want to collect data, or do you want to derive business insights from it? What if you could quickly and...
- 5 Customers Deliver Virtual Desktops and Apps to Empower a Modern Workforce Learn how Citrix solutions helped 5 companies realize the full value of desktop virtualization through a project-by-project approach based on key business priorities.
- What Does it Take to Deliver a Superior Customer Experience? The Two Top-Rated Online Retailers, B&H Photo and Crutchfield Electronics, Share Their Secrets Discuss practical CX tools and service methods such as contact center agents and the use of realtime speech analytics to help contact center...
- Keep Servers Up and Running and Attackers in the Dark An SSL/TLS handshake requires at least 10 times more processing power on a server than on the client. SSL renegotiation attacks can readily... All IT Industry White Papers | Webcasts