Asavie launches pay-as-you-go VPN for iPad users
VPN offers digital certificates for secure access to corporate data
Computerworld - Asavie Technologies today launched a SaaS-based VPN for iOS devices that provides remote access to corporate data .
Asavie's iSimplyConnect VPN service is a pay-as-you-go offering with no setup costs or requirement for long-term commitments.
Clint Andrea, information systems director for the Northern Star Council Boy Scouts of America, deployed iSimplyConnect VPN because managers with his organization were choosing more often to work out of the office. Andrea said in a press release that without budgeting "huge amounts of money," he had not been able to deploy a VPN to offer remote access to sensitive data.
"Since the launch of iSimplyConnect, we now have a cost effective VPN that saves everyone time, money and has really made a difference, not only to productivity but to work-life balance, too," Andrea said.
Dublin, Ireland-based Asavie said its VPN uses the Internet Protocol Security (IPsec) framework with encryption to offer secure, direct access to corporate networks via digital certificates from anywhere in the world for pennies on the dollar. The service also offers 24-hour online support. "As personal iOS devices quickly become extensions into workplaces of all sizes, iSimplyConnect immediately becomes the de facto VPN tool to companies that support the Bring Your Own Devices (BYOD) trend or connect-corporate owned devices," Asavie stated.
IT administrators can also control network access for specific projects through iSimplyConnect so that specific employees or freelance workers can have access with a few mouse clicks from an administrator.
The service requires only three steps to set up, at which time the VPN automatically connects the user to company resources. The service eliminates the need to buy any hardware for iPhone and iPad corporate users.
"We recognized the iOS tablet as a real game-changer for today's employee. Why should the remote worker carry a heavy laptop everywhere when their own iPad has, with a little help -- the potential to provide access to all the same information?" Ralph Shaw, CEO of Asavie Technologies said in a statement.
iSimplyConnect has four pricing models: $15 a month for up to three users; $40 a month for up to 10 user; $95 a month for 11 to 25 users; and $180 a month for 26 to 50 users.
Lucas Mearian covers storage, disaster recovery and business continuity, financial services infrastructure and health care IT for Computerworld. Follow Lucas on Twitter at @lucasmearian or subscribe to Lucas's RSS feed . His e-mail address is email@example.com.
Read more about Networking in Computerworld's Networking Topic Center.
- 3G/4G Digital Signage Guide Today, the widespread availability of 3G and 4G cellular or wireless broadband networks enables digital signage to be deployed virtually anywhere.
- Enterprises in Motion: In-Vehicle Networks In a world where traditional tethers to the central office have all but vanished, enterprises that operate vehicle fleets require constant and dependable...
- Uninterrupted Internet: Maximizing Revenue and Minimizing Business Risk with 3G/4G Failover Whether your businesses are connected to the Internet via T1/T3, or Cable, incorporating a mobile broadband backup solution adds uptime whenever there is...
- Trends in Pop-up Retail: Innovative Merchandising Driven by Flexible, Dependable Mobile Connectivity This paper outlines the challenges and obstacles to successful implementation, and discusses existing, rapid-deployment solutions for connecting pop-up locations with mission-critical retail applications...
- Live Webcast 5 Steps to Assuring Quality of Experience In order to align monitoring and management practices with the true demands of the business, IT professionals must expand beyond traditional comfort zones...
- Live Webcast Master the Changing SAP Landscape with Performance Management SAP landscapes are not getting simpler. Gradually, business processes that used to be contained on a single SAP system now involve a range...
- Navigating the New Wireless Landscape Thriving in the new wireless landscape View Now>>
- Deep Dive into Advanced Networking and Security with Hybrid Cloud Security and networking are among the top concerns when moving workloads to the cloud. VMware vCloud® Hybrid Service™ enables you to extend your... All Networking White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!