Asavie launches pay-as-you-go VPN for iPad users
VPN offers digital certificates for secure access to corporate data
Computerworld - Asavie Technologies today launched a SaaS-based VPN for iOS devices that provides remote access to corporate data .
Asavie's iSimplyConnect VPN service is a pay-as-you-go offering with no setup costs or requirement for long-term commitments.
Clint Andrea, information systems director for the Northern Star Council Boy Scouts of America, deployed iSimplyConnect VPN because managers with his organization were choosing more often to work out of the office. Andrea said in a press release that without budgeting "huge amounts of money," he had not been able to deploy a VPN to offer remote access to sensitive data.
"Since the launch of iSimplyConnect, we now have a cost effective VPN that saves everyone time, money and has really made a difference, not only to productivity but to work-life balance, too," Andrea said.
Dublin, Ireland-based Asavie said its VPN uses the Internet Protocol Security (IPsec) framework with encryption to offer secure, direct access to corporate networks via digital certificates from anywhere in the world for pennies on the dollar. The service also offers 24-hour online support. "As personal iOS devices quickly become extensions into workplaces of all sizes, iSimplyConnect immediately becomes the de facto VPN tool to companies that support the Bring Your Own Devices (BYOD) trend or connect-corporate owned devices," Asavie stated.
IT administrators can also control network access for specific projects through iSimplyConnect so that specific employees or freelance workers can have access with a few mouse clicks from an administrator.
The service requires only three steps to set up, at which time the VPN automatically connects the user to company resources. The service eliminates the need to buy any hardware for iPhone and iPad corporate users.
"We recognized the iOS tablet as a real game-changer for today's employee. Why should the remote worker carry a heavy laptop everywhere when their own iPad has, with a little help -- the potential to provide access to all the same information?" Ralph Shaw, CEO of Asavie Technologies said in a statement.
iSimplyConnect has four pricing models: $15 a month for up to three users; $40 a month for up to 10 user; $95 a month for 11 to 25 users; and $180 a month for 26 to 50 users.
Lucas Mearian covers storage, disaster recovery and business continuity, financial services infrastructure and health care IT for Computerworld. Follow Lucas on Twitter at @lucasmearian or subscribe to Lucas's RSS feed . His e-mail address is email@example.com.
Read more about Networking in Computerworld's Networking Topic Center.
- Who does NSS Labs "Recommend" for NGFW? In 2012, NSS Labs found that most available NGFW solutions "fell short in performance and security effectiveness." In 2013 NSS Labs noted "marked...
- CIOs Deliver Productivity Breakthroughs with Intelligent Digital Signage Retailers have long recognized the influence that digital signage provides over a shopper's point-of-purchase decision making process.
- Improving Business Value of WAN Optimization Want to achieve faster ROI with WAN optimization? Read the latest IDC report and discover how you can cut IT costs without compromising...
- Four Little-Known Ways WAN Optimization Can Benefit Your Organization Read this white paper to learn how far WAN optimization has come, and how to make this most of your investments by using...
- Live Webcast IBM FlashSystem V840: Leveraging Software-Defined Flash to Drive Your Business With end-to-end, tightly integrated functionality and super-fast flash technology, products like IBM FlashSystem V840 Enterprise Performance Solution empower businesses to leverage the efficiency...
- What should I look for in a Next Generation Firewall? SANS Provides Guidance With so many vendors claiming to have a Next Generation Firewall (NGFW), it can be difficult to tell what makes each one different....
- IBM FlashSystem V840: Leveraging Software-Defined Flash to Drive Your Business With end-to-end, tightly integrated functionality and super-fast flash technology, products like IBM FlashSystem V840 Enterprise Performance Solution empower businesses to leverage the efficiency... All Networking White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!