Network World - The PaaS-abilities are endless. Industry analysts are saying that now is the right time for developers to look to Platform-as-a-service as a viable option.
Gartner has estimated that the worldwide PaaS market will reach $927.3 million this year. "We went from prototyping on 30 machines to a full deployment on 3,000 machines in just eight weeks," says Raj Kushwaha, global CIO at medical manufacturer Zimmer.
Bullhorn Inc. is another business that took to PaaS. The provider of front office staffing and recruiting software chose PaaS to help with distribution and development to its 2,500 customers and 25,000 users in 35 countries. In the past year the company implemented more than 60 customized applications using the cloud-based platform.
To continue reading, register here to become an Insider
It's FREE to join
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- ESG: The IBM FlashSystem 840: Technical Evolution to Deliver Business Value In this whitepaper, you will learn how this high-speed storage technology has tremendous potential to support I/O-intensive and/or latency-sensitive applications.
- Choosing an MDM Platform: Where to Start the Conversation If you're in the early stages of choosing an MDM solution, or you're considering switching vendors, here are seven critical questions to ask...
- Axeda Platform Technical Overview This paper summarizes the major features of an IoT platform and explains how they simplify and speed the process of developing and deploying...
- Stock Shock: The effect of project and portfolio management on share price In this independent report, you'll see the intrinsic connection between long-term capital investment and short term market performance -- and how this can...
- Meg Whitman presents Unlocking IT with Big Data During this Web Event you will hear Meg Whitman, President and CEO, HP discuss HAVEn - the #1 Big Data platform, as well...
- Cloud Knowledge Vault Learn how your organization can benefit from the scalability, flexibility, and performance that the cloud offers through the short videos and other resources... All Cloud Computing White Papers | Webcasts