CSO - 1. The Senate bill called the Public Company Accounting Reform and Investor Protection Act became law under the name...
a. Sarbanes-Oxley Act
b. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
c. Bank Secrecy Act
d. Sherman Antitrust Act
2. The first U.S. federal computer crime law was passed in...
3. The global banking standards governing risk management and "capital adequacy" are the...
a. Basel Accords
b. The CLABE (Clave Bancaria Estandarizada)
c. Macroprudential Policy
d. Emergency Banking Act
4. The president who signed the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act into law was...
a. Jimmy Carter
b. Richard Nixon
c. Warren Harding
d. Millard Fillmore
5. The president who signed the RICO anti-corruption act into law was...
a. Jimmy Carter
b. Richard Nixon
c. Martin Van Buren
d. Abraham Lincoln
6. The section of the U.S. Code that deals with criminal law and the penal code is...
a. Title 9
b. Title 18
c. Chapter 7
d. Chapter 13
7. The European Union's privacy rules are called...
a. Data protection directive
8. Which president, seeking new national security laws, said:
"There are citizens of the United States who have poured the poison of disloyalty into the very arteries of our national life--who have sought to bring the authority and good name of our government into contempt, to destroy our industries and to debase our politics..."
a. John Adams, 1798
b. Woodrow Wilson, 1915
c. Harry Truman, 1945
d. George Bush, 2001
SEE NEXT PAGE FOR ANSWERS AND SCORING
1. A Sarbanes-Oxley
2. B 1984's Computer Fraud and Abuse Act
3. A Basel Accords
4. A Jimmy Carter signed the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
5. B Richard Nixon signed the RICO Act
6. B Title 18
7. A The Data Protection Directive
8. B Woodrow Wilson, 1915
HOW'D YOU DO?
0-4 points = You fought the laws and the laws won
5-6 points = Average
7-8 points = Buried in paperwork
- Top 10 Reasons to Strengthen Information Security with Desktop Virtualization Regain control and reduce risk without sacrificing business productivity and growth
- Preventing Sophisticated Attacks: Anti-Evasion & Advanced Evasion Techniques McAfee Next Generation Firewall applies sophisticated analysis techniques specifically to detect advanced evasion techniques (AET).
- The Security Industry's Dirty Little Secret The debate over advanced evasion techniques (AETs) This report summarizes the findings of a McAfee commissioned research group to determine the level of understanding IT security professionals have about AETs...
- Demand More, Get the Most from the Move to a Next-Generation Firewall Beyond the basics in a next generation firewall, to protect your investment you should demand other valuable features: intrusion prevention, contextual rules, advanced...
- What should I look for in a Next Generation Firewall? SANS Provides Guidance With so many vendors claiming to have a Next Generation Firewall (NGFW), it can be difficult to tell what makes each one different....
- Responding to New SSL Cybersecurity Threat The featured Gartner research examines current strategies to address new SSL cybersecurity threats and vulnerabilities. All Security White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!