CSO - 1. The Senate bill called the Public Company Accounting Reform and Investor Protection Act became law under the name...
a. Sarbanes-Oxley Act
b. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
c. Bank Secrecy Act
d. Sherman Antitrust Act
2. The first U.S. federal computer crime law was passed in...
3. The global banking standards governing risk management and "capital adequacy" are the...
a. Basel Accords
b. The CLABE (Clave Bancaria Estandarizada)
c. Macroprudential Policy
d. Emergency Banking Act
4. The president who signed the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act into law was...
a. Jimmy Carter
b. Richard Nixon
c. Warren Harding
d. Millard Fillmore
5. The president who signed the RICO anti-corruption act into law was...
a. Jimmy Carter
b. Richard Nixon
c. Martin Van Buren
d. Abraham Lincoln
6. The section of the U.S. Code that deals with criminal law and the penal code is...
a. Title 9
b. Title 18
c. Chapter 7
d. Chapter 13
7. The European Union's privacy rules are called...
a. Data protection directive
8. Which president, seeking new national security laws, said:
"There are citizens of the United States who have poured the poison of disloyalty into the very arteries of our national life--who have sought to bring the authority and good name of our government into contempt, to destroy our industries and to debase our politics..."
a. John Adams, 1798
b. Woodrow Wilson, 1915
c. Harry Truman, 1945
d. George Bush, 2001
SEE NEXT PAGE FOR ANSWERS AND SCORING
1. A Sarbanes-Oxley
2. B 1984's Computer Fraud and Abuse Act
3. A Basel Accords
4. A Jimmy Carter signed the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
5. B Richard Nixon signed the RICO Act
6. B Title 18
7. A The Data Protection Directive
8. B Woodrow Wilson, 1915
HOW'D YOU DO?
0-4 points = You fought the laws and the laws won
5-6 points = Average
7-8 points = Buried in paperwork
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- The 12 PCI DSS 3.0 requirements addressed by Peer 1 Hosting This handy quick reference outlines the 12 PCI DSS 3.0 requirements, who needs to be compliant and how Alert Logic solutions address the...
- Defense Throughout the Vulnerability Life Cycle This whitepaper provides insight into how to leverage threat and log management technologies to protect your IT assets throughout their vulnerability life cycle.
- Mobile Policy Checklist Here's what to consider when putting together a mobile policy designed to support a highly productive workforce.
- Securing BYOD Mobile computing is becoming so ubiquitous that people no longer bat an eye seeing someone working two devices simultaneously. Individuals and organizations are...
- Live Webcast On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy...
- Live Webcast Endpoint Backup & Restore: Protect Everyone, Everywhere Arek Sokol from the bleeding-edge IT team at Genentech/Roche explains how he leverages cross-platform enterprise endpoint backup in the public cloud as part...
- Streamline Software Asset Management, Compose a software Management Symphony Keeping track of your organization's software is easy with effective software management solutions from CDW. View the videos in our software solutions channel
- Druva inSync: Endpoint Data Protection & Governance CLICK HERE to watch this video about protecting corporate data on laptops and mobile devices, sponsored by Druva. All Security White Papers | Webcasts