Twitter acquires blogging platform Posterous
Twitter said the platform Posterous Spaces will continue to operate without interruption
IDG News Service - Twitter has acquired blogging company Posterous, and said its engineers, product managers and others will join Twitter teams working on several key initiatives.
The blogging platform Posterous Spaces will remain up and running without disruption, Twitter said in a blog post on Monday. "We'll give users ample notice if we make any changes to the service," it added. For users who would like to back up their content or move to another service, Twitter will provide instructions for doing so in the coming weeks.
"We're always looking for talented people who have the passion and personality to join Twitter," the company said, indicating that it acquired Posterous with an eye on its staff.
The financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Posterous in San Francisco was started in July, 2008, and developed and launched Posterous Spaces with a focus on allowing both private sharing within small groups, and broadcasting to a wider audience.
"The opportunities in front of Twitter are exciting, and we couldn't be happier about bringing our team's expertise to a product that reaches hundreds of millions of users around the globe," Sachin Agarwal, founder and CEO of Posterous said in a blog post.
Agarwal said in a post on Posterous Spaces that he will be a product manager at Twitter, but did not specify his area of work.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- HP HAVEn: See the big picture in Big Data HP HAVEn is the industry's first comprehensive, scalable, open, and secure platform for Big Data. Enterprises are drowning in a sea of data...
- What Datapipe customers need to know about the new PCI DSS 3.0 compliance standard This handy quick reference outlines what PCI DSS 3.0 is, who needs to be compliant and how Alert Logic solutions address the new...
- The 12 PCI DSS 3.0 requirements addressed by Peer 1 Hosting This handy quick reference outlines the 12 PCI DSS 3.0 requirements, who needs to be compliant and how Alert Logic solutions address the...
- Defense Throughout the Vulnerability Life Cycle This whitepaper provides insight into how to leverage threat and log management technologies to protect your IT assets throughout their vulnerability life cycle.
- Meg Whitman presents Unlocking IT with Big Data During this Web Event you will hear Meg Whitman, President and CEO, HP discuss HAVEn - the #1 Big Data platform, as well...
- The New Way to Work Knowledge Vault This Knowledge Vault focuses on how, in today's increasingly virtual world, it's more important than ever to engage deeply with employees, suppliers, partners,... All Desktop Apps White Papers | Webcasts