BYOD: There is no stopping employees' devices on your network
Network World - It used to be the IT department's answer was always no when an employee asked to use a personal device for work. IT often felt the risk was far too great to the company's network security to allow this.
First came the BlackBerry, but this was usually a company-owned device. The deal breaker came with the iPhone. The advent of Apple's smartphone turned everything around. Employees began to make inroads in cracking down the network manager's wall.
While there are still some network managers skeptical of allowing employees to use their own devices on the company network, the movement is charging full steam ahead. But the risks still remain. Many are concerned that mobile device management would be a nightmare. But the productivity side of things offsets those concerns.
Register to download "There is no stopping employees' devices on your network" to find out the four keys to successful BYOD, see what the cost savings are with employee-owned devices and see how the help desk is critical for BYOD to take off at your enterprise.
To continue reading, register here to become an Insider
It's FREE to join
- Global Growing Pains: Tapping into B2B Integration Services to Overcome Global Expansion Challenges A recent survey by IDG Research explored both the challenges and pain points companies face when growing globally, as well as the capabilities...
- The business impact of BYOA: Five major challenges and how your enterprise can solve them This E-Book reviews five major challenges of BYOA with key subject matter experts and outlines how businesses can solve them.
- BYOA: Embracing the Opportunity, Controlling the Risk This whitepaper explores the shift from BYOD to BYOA (bring-your-own-application) and how IT departments today can address this new change in the IT...
- Learn More About Peer 1 Hosting's Mission Critical Cloud Mission Critical Cloud from Peer 1 Hosting is enterprise-ready, creating a perfect point of adoption whether you need an off-premise solution for development
- Cloud and Collaboration: Driving Your Business Value Mission Critical Cloud from Peer 1 Hosting is enterprise-grade.
- Peer 1's Mission Critical Cloud: Your Cloud, Your Way Peer 1 Hosting's Mission Critical Cloud offers the ultimate in flexible customization of infrastructure, resources and support. All Security White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!