Verizon to sell Galaxy Tab 7.7 on Thursday for $500 over LTE
Data plan required, starting at $30 a month, with purchase of Android 3.2-based Samsung Galaxy tablet
Computerworld - Verizon Wireless announced it will exclusively offer the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 starting Thursday for $499.99 with a two-year agreement for the carrier's 4G LTE network.
The Android 3.2-based tablet has a 1.4 GHz dual-core processor and a 7.7-in. Super AMOLED Plus display at 1280 by 800 resolution.
A 3.2-megapixel rear-facing camera and a 2 megapixel front-facing camera are included, as well as 16 GB of on-board storage, with support for a 32 GB microSD card.
Verizon said the device is suited for workers since it comes with mobile device management software, a virtual private network, on-device encryption and push synchronization to email.
The device supports Microsoft Office. Hotspot connections to 10 Wi-Fi devices are possible.
Customers must subscribe to a 4G LTE broadband data package that starts at $30 a month for 2GB of data.
Matt Hamblen covers mobile and wireless, smartphones and other handhelds, and wireless networking for Computerworld. Follow Matt on Twitter at @matthamblen, or subscribe to Matt's RSS feed . His e-mail address is email@example.com.
More tablet info
The table below shows the most recently announced tablets as reported by Computerworld. Click a tablet's name in the leftmost column to read a news story or review with more information about the device, or view a larger table with more details about each product.
Read more about Mobile/Wireless in Computerworld's Mobile/Wireless Topic Center.
- The Apple-ization of the Enterprise: Understanding IT's New World Read this paper for how to tackle Apple-ization (and the related consumerization of IT and Bring Your Own Device/BYOD).
- A Practical Introduction to Enterprise Mobility Management Read the white paper to better understand the basic concepts within mobility management and to learn how you can apply EMM technology to...
- Enterprise Mobility: A Checklist for Secure Containerization The advantages and disadvantages of the multiple approaches to containerization. Learn More>>
- Enterprise Endpoint Backup Checklist Read this checklist to learn how to create a back up strategy to quickly and easily protect your endpoint data.
- On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy...
- Mobile Security: Containerizing Enterprise Data In this on-demand webinar, Fixmo's Lee Cocking, VP of corporate strategy, explains why Apple-ization trends like mobility and "bring-your-own-device" (BYOD) are driving the... All Mobile/Wireless White Papers | Webcasts