Verizon to sell Galaxy Tab 7.7 on Thursday for $500 over LTE
Data plan required, starting at $30 a month, with purchase of Android 3.2-based Samsung Galaxy tablet
Computerworld - Verizon Wireless announced it will exclusively offer the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 starting Thursday for $499.99 with a two-year agreement for the carrier's 4G LTE network.
The Android 3.2-based tablet has a 1.4 GHz dual-core processor and a 7.7-in. Super AMOLED Plus display at 1280 by 800 resolution.
A 3.2-megapixel rear-facing camera and a 2 megapixel front-facing camera are included, as well as 16 GB of on-board storage, with support for a 32 GB microSD card.
Verizon said the device is suited for workers since it comes with mobile device management software, a virtual private network, on-device encryption and push synchronization to email.
The device supports Microsoft Office. Hotspot connections to 10 Wi-Fi devices are possible.
Customers must subscribe to a 4G LTE broadband data package that starts at $30 a month for 2GB of data.
Matt Hamblen covers mobile and wireless, smartphones and other handhelds, and wireless networking for Computerworld. Follow Matt on Twitter at @matthamblen, or subscribe to Matt's RSS feed . His e-mail address is email@example.com.
More tablet info
The table below shows the most recently announced tablets as reported by Computerworld. Click a tablet's name in the leftmost column to read a news story or review with more information about the device, or view a larger table with more details about each product.
Read more about Mobile/Wireless in Computerworld's Mobile/Wireless Topic Center.
- What is this "File Sync" Thing and Why Should I Care About It? All of a sudden, getting a file from your work laptop to your iPad became as simple as clicking "Save." So it's no...
- The 5 Big Lies About Going Mobile You've heard about the power of mobile to change your business. But have you realized your mobile potential? It's about much more than...
- BYOP: How Mobile and Social Are Creating New User Personas The digital world of mobile + social creates new customer segments and behaviors. Companies need to reorient their customer interactions around these segments...
- Software Asset Management: Ensuring Today's Assets Today's trends like BYOD and SaaS are new and exciting in terms of how they will help make our jobs more productive but...
- Why do you need an enterprise mobile platform? Today companies must offer great apps that run on a range of devices, and connect to an exploding set of backend data. Appcelerator...
- Technology for Everyone A Kansas school district modernizes teaching and learning and paves the way to a one-to-one program with a comprehensive upgrade of its wireless... All Mobile/Wireless White Papers | Webcasts