Verizon to sell Galaxy Tab 7.7 on Thursday for $500 over LTE
Data plan required, starting at $30 a month, with purchase of Android 3.2-based Samsung Galaxy tablet
Computerworld - Verizon Wireless announced it will exclusively offer the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 starting Thursday for $499.99 with a two-year agreement for the carrier's 4G LTE network.
The Android 3.2-based tablet has a 1.4 GHz dual-core processor and a 7.7-in. Super AMOLED Plus display at 1280 by 800 resolution.
A 3.2-megapixel rear-facing camera and a 2 megapixel front-facing camera are included, as well as 16 GB of on-board storage, with support for a 32 GB microSD card.
Verizon said the device is suited for workers since it comes with mobile device management software, a virtual private network, on-device encryption and push synchronization to email.
The device supports Microsoft Office. Hotspot connections to 10 Wi-Fi devices are possible.
Customers must subscribe to a 4G LTE broadband data package that starts at $30 a month for 2GB of data.
Matt Hamblen covers mobile and wireless, smartphones and other handhelds, and wireless networking for Computerworld. Follow Matt on Twitter at @matthamblen, or subscribe to Matt's RSS feed . His e-mail address is email@example.com.
More tablet info
The table below shows the most recently announced tablets as reported by Computerworld. Click a tablet's name in the leftmost column to read a news story or review with more information about the device, or view a larger table with more details about each product.
Read more about Mobile/Wireless in Computerworld's Mobile/Wireless Topic Center.
- Software Asset Management: Ensuring Today's Assets Today's trends like BYOD and SaaS are new and exciting in terms of how they will help make our jobs more productive but...
- Mobile First: Securing Information Sprawl Learn how the partnership between Box and MobileIron can help you execute a "mobile first" strategy that manages and secures both mobile apps...
- AIIM Trendscape: The New Mobile Reality This AIIM Trendscape report shares data, expert opinions, and a unique perspective on the impact of cloud and mobility in the enterprise, surfacing...
- Empowering Your Mobile Workers A modern mobile IT strategy is no longer an option, it is an absolute necessity. Here's how some of the nation's most progressive...
- It's not too late...Get Your Mobile Questions Answered Live! How can IT provide seamless and secure mobile communications and collaboration for all? Join this live Webcast as IDG asks an expert panel...
- Why do you need an enterprise mobile platform? Today companies must offer great apps that run on a range of devices, and connect to an exploding set of backend data. Appcelerator... All Mobile/Wireless White Papers | Webcasts