Network World - Intel today announced the availability of a cloud-based single sign-on (SSO) authentication and authorization service under a beta program that is expected to become a generally available offering later this spring.
Vikas Jain, Intel's director of product management in the software and services group, says the service has evolved out of a product called the ExpressWay CloudAccess 360 that was part of the McAfee cloud-security platform that Intel gained with its acquisition of McAfee a year ago.
THE BYOD STRUGGLE: From writing corporate apps to defining security
The Intel Cloud SSO is a way that enterprises can provision and de-provision users and authorize applications and services entirely through a cloud-based service. It will compete with the growing number of cloud-based SSO services from security vendors, including Symantec and Symplified.
The Intel Cloud SSO, which can support two-factor authentication, is able to automate provisioning and de-provisioning of software-as-a-service accounts, and supports about 50 SaaS applications out of the box. Jain points out that in some enterprises, IT managers may want to use both the software ExpressWay CloudAccess 360 and the Intel Cloud SSO together. They can work together to enable integration with on-premise identity repositories, such as Active Directory and LDAP, as well as client-side authentication and SSO. He said customers can apply the same license to both systems.
Ellen Messmer is senior editor at Network World, an IDG publication and website, where she covers news and technology trends related to information security.
Read more about wide area network in Network World's Wide Area Network section.
- CIOs Deliver Productivity Breakthroughs with Intelligent Digital Signage Retailers have long recognized the influence that digital signage provides over a shopper's point-of-purchase decision making process.
- The Forrester Wave™: File Sync And Share Platforms, Q3 2013 Download this Analyst report to read why IBM SmartCloud for Social Business was cited as a leader in The Forrester Wave™: File Sync...
- Brunswick Case Study By implementing IBM SmartCloud services, Brunswick estimates that it avoided hundreds of thousands of dollars in capital expenditures, and is saving up to...
- Cloud-to-Cloud Backup Case Study: AMAG Pharmaceuticals As an IT pioneer in the pharmaceuticals industry, AMAG realized that SaaS backup and recovery would give them the confidence to fully embrace...
- ElectricAccelerator: Dramatically Faster Builds and Test ElectricAccelerator dramatically speeds up builds and test by parallelizing jobs across clusters of physical or cloud CPUs.
- Electric Cloud: Your AnthillPro Alternative Many organizations have become leery about AnthillPro since its acquisition by IBM. In this webinar, learn why ElectricCommander is an excellent alternative to... All Cloud Computing White Papers | Webcasts
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!