Antenna Software launches cloud-based mobile app service
AMPchroma allows apps to be designed, tested and published from a single console
Computerworld - Antenna Software today unveiled cloud-based software called AMPchroma for designing, testing and managing mobile apps and mobile websites.
Sold as a managed service, AMPchroma will give companies access to their apps and mobile sites from a single Web-based console that can be shared by work groups and IT workers, said Jim Somers, chief marketing and strategy officer for Antenna.
Somers said part of the value of AMPchroma is to help large companies centrally manage an array of mobile-related projects. Forrester Research recently reported that some companies have dozens of mobile projects under way at any one time, including designing of custom mobile apps.
Somers and a colleague demonstrated how AMPchroma can customize mobile apps for a variety of mobile phones and smartphones across all platforms. In the demonstration, a phony customer-facing survey was altered with artwork and specific questions, then posted on a server for comments from interested business units, including IT, before being published in an application storefront or as a Web app.
AMPchroma can be used to manage a private corporate app store filled with corporate-centric apps as well as standard popular apps.
Somers claimed AMPchroma is the industry's first unified mobile app management console based in the cloud.
Antenna didn't announce pricing for AMPchroma, but Somers said it will be sold in two varieties, one for mobile management of business-to-consumer apps, the other for business-to-employee mobile app management.
AMP, which is an abbreviation for Antenna Mobility Platform, has been available for several years. Antenna has nearly 400 customers and is 13 years old.
Matt Hamblen covers mobile and wireless, smartphones and other handhelds, and wireless networking for Computerworld. Follow Matt on Twitter at @matthamblen or subscribe to Matt's RSS feed. His email address is email@example.com.
Read more about App Development in Computerworld's App Development Topic Center.
- The Business Value of Continuous Delivery Download this whitepaper to learn more about the business value of Continuous Delivery and see why it could be a game changer for...
- Ten Factors Shaping the Future of Application Delivery Download this research report conducted by Enterprise Management Associates (EMA) to learn how those that are seeking to accelerate application delivery are leveraging...
- Adobe Creative Cloud FAQ The following are answers to common questions about Adobe® Creative Cloud™ for teams membership, purchasing, security, and storage.
- What's coming to Adobe Creative Cloud Editing and video content creation workflows are about to get easier and more exciting, with major updates coming soon to Creative Cloud, bringing...
- IBM FlashSystem V840: Leveraging Software-Defined Flash to Drive Your Business With end-to-end, tightly integrated functionality and super-fast flash technology, products like IBM FlashSystem V840 Enterprise Performance Solution empower businesses to leverage the efficiency...
- Leveraging Flash Storage to Accelerate Oracle Real Application Clusters Join this webinar to understand the latest solid-state storage trends, the specific applications driving solid-state storage deployments and the benefits of deploying the... All App Development White Papers | Webcasts