Samsung's Galaxy Note to hit AT&T stores Feb. 19 for $300
4G LTE smartphone with tablet features can be delivered Feb. 17 on pre-order
Computerworld - The Galaxy Note smartphone with tablet features and a stylus hits AT&T stores Feb. 19 for $299.99 and a two-year agreement, the carrier announced Monday.
The device, with a 5.3 in.-touchscreen, will be sold in blue and white and will run over the carrier's 4G LTE network. AT&T will start taking pre-orders online on Sunday for delivery on Feb. 17, two days before in-store sales begin.
Samsung and AT&T have said the device is a smartphone-tablet melding with its large, high-resolution screen (1280 x 800) and its S Pen stylus.
Portrait artists at the recent 2012 CES trade show demonstrated how they could use the stylus to make drawings, such as caricatures, holding the Note like a pad of paper and picking colors and brush widths with the stylus.
It's the world's first 5.3-in. HD Super Amoled screen, making it among the largest screens on a smartphone, AT&T said.
AT&T's Jeff Bradley, senior vice president of devices, said the Galaxy Note smartphone is designed to replace multiple devices that users often carry.
The Note is an Android 2.3 device, with a 1.5 GHz dual-core processor, and an 8 megapixel rear-facing, auto-focus camera and a 2 megapixel front-facing camera. Video is recorded at 1080p and 30 frames per second.
Matt Hamblen covers mobile and wireless, smartphones and other handhelds, and wireless networking for Computerworld. Follow Matt on Twitter at @matthamblen or subscribe to Matt's RSS feed. His email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more about Smartphones in Computerworld's Smartphones Topic Center.
- Tips for Driving User Adoption in New Technology Deployment Read this checklist on tips for driving user adoption to see where you stand.
- The Forrester Wave™: File Sync And Share Platforms, Q3 2013 Download this Analyst report to read why IBM SmartCloud for Social Business was cited as a leader in The Forrester Wave™: File Sync...
- Brunswick Case Study By implementing IBM SmartCloud services, Brunswick estimates that it avoided hundreds of thousands of dollars in capital expenditures, and is saving up to...
- Energizing Life's Work If your life's work is about caring for people in a business context, the latest digital and social innovations from IBM can help...
- It's not too late...Get Your Mobile Questions Answered Live! How can IT provide seamless and secure mobile communications and collaboration for all? Join this live Webcast as IDG asks an expert panel...
- On-demand webinar - 7 Keys to Service Catalog Implementation Success Watch this webinar to learn 7 crucial keys to make your service catalog a success! All Smartphones White Papers | Webcasts
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!