AT&T to launch communication services
Monthly price will be based on usage
Computerworld - AT&T on Thursday will launch new cloud-based unified communications services that give businesses the ability to integrate chat, email, VoIP calls, audio and videoconferencing and more over desktops and many mobile devices.
AT&T UC Services will be made up of UC Central and UC Voice. UC Central will give a business a single user communications interface for both mobile and desktop computers, while UC Voice will offer IP telephony from an AT&T cloud that can be used alone or with UC Central.
UC Voice will run over the Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solution system.
Shawn Conroy, vice president of voice, collaboration and unified communications for AT&T Business Solutions, said the new services will give workers at businesses of all sizes easy access to a range of communication tools for better collaboration.
With UC Voice, a business won't need to buy a new PBX switch or any software licenses.
Conroy called the service simple and affordable, and a spokeswoman said a business can pay per month on an as-needed basis. Other pricing details were not announced.
A virtual launch event is being held at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. Eastern time on Thursday to demonstrate the new service.
Matt Hamblen covers mobile and wireless, smartphones and other handhelds, and wireless networking for Computerworld. You can follow Matt on Twitter at @matthamblen or subscribe to Matt's RSS feed. His email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more about Networking in Computerworld's Networking Topic Center.
- Capabilities You Need in an IP Address Management Solution A mismanaged IP space can cripple an otherwise healthy network. Take a moment to understand what you need in an enterprise-ready IPAM solution.
- IPv6 Fundamentals IPv6 is needed to sustain the growth of the Internet. The transition from IPv4 will require planning and likely some degree of support...
- Fixing Intermittent Performance Problems Intermittent performance problems are among the most frustrating and time-consuming issues IT administrators face. Read this white paper and learn how technology advances...
- 3G/4G Digital Signage Guide Today, the widespread availability of 3G and 4G cellular or wireless broadband networks enables digital signage to be deployed virtually anywhere.
- Live Webcast 5 Steps to Assuring Quality of Experience In order to align monitoring and management practices with the true demands of the business, IT professionals must expand beyond traditional comfort zones...
- Live Webcast Master the Changing SAP Landscape with Performance Management SAP landscapes are not getting simpler. Gradually, business processes that used to be contained on a single SAP system now involve a range...
- Navigating the New Wireless Landscape Thriving in the new wireless landscape View Now>>
- Deep Dive into Advanced Networking and Security with Hybrid Cloud Security and networking are among the top concerns when moving workloads to the cloud. VMware vCloud® Hybrid Service™ enables you to extend your... All Networking White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!