Veghte to set strategy for HP
Bill Veghte is now chief strategy officer, in addition to vice president of software
IDG News Service - Hewlett-Packard has added chief strategy officer to former Microsoft veteran Bill Veghte's titles, the company announced Tuesday.
Veghte will continue to serve as executive vice president of HP software but will also define strategy at the company, which has charged him with keeping HP on the cutting edge of innovation, HP said in a statement. In addition, Veghte will lead HP's cloud and webOS open-source initiatives.
He's done well in his current position, weathering the storm that accompanied the revolving door at the helm of HP. In the most recent fiscal year, Veghte grew HP's software business by 18%, the company said.
Veghte joined HP in May 2010, just months before Mark Hurd resigned as CEO after being accused of sexual harassment. Hurd was followed by Leo Apotheker, who lasted less than a year. Meg Whitman is now CEO at HP.
Veghte previously spent 19 years at Microsoft, which he left after being passed over for the top position in the Windows division.
- The Social Business: Unlocking the collective knowledge of people Five years ago, IBM observed the planet was becoming instrumented, interconnected and intelligent. 20,000 engagements later, here's what we know and believe about...
- Market Overview: Digital Customer Experience Delivery Platforms Forrester states that businesses today struggle to understand and use the tools necessary to create and manage unified, multichannel digital customer experiences across...
- Enabling Unified Service Delivery Management With the nGeniusONE Platform Today's IT organizations manage diverse business services comprising a host of applications running on many server farms within the data center.
- Transform Your Data Center from Basic to Strategic by Increasing Operational Efficiency and Optimizing Intelligence Find out how data center and facilities management are able to use DCIM solutions and a pioneering "zone" approach to bridge the information...
- On-demand webinar - 7 Keys to Service Catalog Implementation Success Watch this webinar to learn 7 crucial keys to make your service catalog a success!
- Zoning in on Energy and Physical Infrastructure Management In this Webcast you will learn how to develop and execute a strategy to optimize the energy efficiency of your data center. All IT Leadership White Papers | Webcasts