Veghte to set strategy for HP
Bill Veghte is now chief strategy officer, in addition to vice president of software
IDG News Service - Hewlett-Packard has added chief strategy officer to former Microsoft veteran Bill Veghte's titles, the company announced Tuesday.
Veghte will continue to serve as executive vice president of HP software but will also define strategy at the company, which has charged him with keeping HP on the cutting edge of innovation, HP said in a statement. In addition, Veghte will lead HP's cloud and webOS open-source initiatives.
He's done well in his current position, weathering the storm that accompanied the revolving door at the helm of HP. In the most recent fiscal year, Veghte grew HP's software business by 18%, the company said.
Veghte joined HP in May 2010, just months before Mark Hurd resigned as CEO after being accused of sexual harassment. Hurd was followed by Leo Apotheker, who lasted less than a year. Meg Whitman is now CEO at HP.
Veghte previously spent 19 years at Microsoft, which he left after being passed over for the top position in the Windows division.
- Whitepaper: Workday User Experience Read the whitepaper to find out how the Workday user experience is singularly focused on extending access to every user while ensuring simplicity...
- Whitepaper: The Real SaaS Manifesto This whitepaper defines the key terms every company should know, understand, and evaluate when considering a SaaS vendor for their business.
- Whitepaper: Real CIOs of the Cloud As cloud computing becomes the dominant technology of this decade, today's CIOs are the catalysts for change. This whitepaper published by Techweb features...
- Why You Need a Next-Generation Firewall This white paper explores the reasons for implementing next-generation (NG) firewalls and lays out a path to success for overburdened IT organizations.
- Delivering Events of Olympic Proportions Akamai was selected to provide online video streaming delivery, site performance, and security services to NBC Olympics during its production of the 2014...
- Online Video and Web Traffic: Sochi 2014 Winter Olympic Games Over 25 leading global broadcasters worked with Akamai to deliver the action, excitement and inspiration of Sochi because they understand online viewers expect... All IT Leadership White Papers | Webcasts