Apple files new lawsuit against Samsung in Germany
The new lawsuit is aimed at Samsung's smartphones, while the case against its tablets continues
IDG News Service - Apple continues to hound Samsung Electronics at the district court in Dsseldorf, and has now filed another lawsuit aimed at 10 models in its Galaxy family of smartphones, according to Peter Schtz, spokesman at the court.
Apple again feels that Samsung's products look too much like its own offerings, Schtz said. Apple has also combined its filings against Samsung's tablets into one case, he added.
The court blocked German sales of the original version of Samsung's 10-inch tablet in September last year, after Apple argued that Samsung's product looked too much like the iPad. To circumvent that ruling, Samsung modified the appearance of the tablet to create the Galaxy Tab 10.1N.
Apple still felt Samsung was mimicking the design of its hit tablet and filed a motion to block the 10.1N, as well. But in December a judge issued a preliminary ruling that the Samsung tablet no longer violated Apple's European design patent.
The smartphone case will come before the court in August and the case against Samsung's tablets will follow in September, according to Schtz.
Send news tips and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Samsung invokes Alice case to challenge two Apple patents
- Elon Musk to open up Supercharging patent designs
- Apple asks U.S. court to make Samsung remove infringing features
- Apple and Google agree to drop all patent suits
- Update: Jury finds Samsung infringed Apple patents, must pay $120M in damages
- The wrath of Koh: Samsung gets judge's ire in Apple patent case
- In Apple v. Samsung, it's a 'holy war' for $2B
- A day into the trial, Apple and Samsung already annoying each other
- Supreme Court justices raise questions about software patents
- Phil Schiller up again in next round of Apple-Samsung battle
- Deep Security +VMware vSphere with Operations Management Most midsize organizations are highly virtualized on VMware, and while this has produced significant savings, it also has created new challenges when it...
- Single-Vendor Security Ecosystems Offer Concrete Benefits Over Point Solutions IT security decision-makers from companies with 100 to 5,000 employees evaluates the current endpoint security solution market based on Forrester's own market data,...
- Best Practices for Security and Compliance with Amazon Web Services This paper will discuss what part of the shared responsibility equation customers are responsible for and what some of the recommended security practices...
- Case Study: Intuit Turns to Self-Service IT Intuit empowered its users to resolve their own IT issues with a consumer-like experience to free IT to focus on more strategic initiatives....
- Business-driven data protection Setting up data protection infrastructures with your organizations' core mission or business in mind is key. In this webinar, the ARCserve team will...
- On-Demand Webinar: Mind the Gap! Watch the webinar featuring Bob Janssen, CTO and Co-Founder of RES Software, to start building a solid foundation for business and IT to... All Legal White Papers | Webcasts