Apple files new lawsuit against Samsung in Germany
The new lawsuit is aimed at Samsung's smartphones, while the case against its tablets continues
IDG News Service - Apple continues to hound Samsung Electronics at the district court in Dsseldorf, and has now filed another lawsuit aimed at 10 models in its Galaxy family of smartphones, according to Peter Schtz, spokesman at the court.
Apple again feels that Samsung's products look too much like its own offerings, Schtz said. Apple has also combined its filings against Samsung's tablets into one case, he added.
The court blocked German sales of the original version of Samsung's 10-inch tablet in September last year, after Apple argued that Samsung's product looked too much like the iPad. To circumvent that ruling, Samsung modified the appearance of the tablet to create the Galaxy Tab 10.1N.
Apple still felt Samsung was mimicking the design of its hit tablet and filed a motion to block the 10.1N, as well. But in December a judge issued a preliminary ruling that the Samsung tablet no longer violated Apple's European design patent.
The smartphone case will come before the court in August and the case against Samsung's tablets will follow in September, according to Schtz.
Send news tips and comments to email@example.com
- Samsung invokes Alice case to challenge two Apple patents
- Elon Musk to open up Supercharging patent designs
- Apple asks U.S. court to make Samsung remove infringing features
- Apple and Google agree to drop all patent suits
- Update: Jury finds Samsung infringed Apple patents, must pay $120M in damages
- The wrath of Koh: Samsung gets judge's ire in Apple patent case
- In Apple v. Samsung, it's a 'holy war' for $2B
- A day into the trial, Apple and Samsung already annoying each other
- Supreme Court justices raise questions about software patents
- Phil Schiller up again in next round of Apple-Samsung battle
- Considerations For Effective Software License Management For many reasons, software license management has become a critical issue for many IT organizations and enterprise's alike. With many licensing options, hurdles...
- eBay uses 100% OpenSource WSO2 ESB to process more than 1Billion transactions a day Along with eBay's success comes a huge demand to ensure reliable, 24x7 availability of the services that enable these transactions. For eBay, that...
- A Reference Architecture for the Internet of Things The aim of this is to provide Architects and Developers of IoT projects with an effective starting point that covers the major requirements...
- REST easy: API Design, Evolution and Connection RESTful design increases API performance, reduces development effort, and minimizes operational support burden. By following a few best practices and selecting RESTful tooling,...
- It's not too late...Get Your Mobile Questions Answered Live! How can IT provide seamless and secure mobile communications and collaboration for all? Join this live Webcast as IDG asks an expert panel...
- Why do you need an enterprise mobile platform? Today companies must offer great apps that run on a range of devices, and connect to an exploding set of backend data. Appcelerator... All Legal White Papers | Webcasts