Apple files new lawsuit against Samsung in Germany
The new lawsuit is aimed at Samsung's smartphones, while the case against its tablets continues
IDG News Service - Apple continues to hound Samsung Electronics at the district court in Dsseldorf, and has now filed another lawsuit aimed at 10 models in its Galaxy family of smartphones, according to Peter Schtz, spokesman at the court.
Apple again feels that Samsung's products look too much like its own offerings, Schtz said. Apple has also combined its filings against Samsung's tablets into one case, he added.
The court blocked German sales of the original version of Samsung's 10-inch tablet in September last year, after Apple argued that Samsung's product looked too much like the iPad. To circumvent that ruling, Samsung modified the appearance of the tablet to create the Galaxy Tab 10.1N.
Apple still felt Samsung was mimicking the design of its hit tablet and filed a motion to block the 10.1N, as well. But in December a judge issued a preliminary ruling that the Samsung tablet no longer violated Apple's European design patent.
The smartphone case will come before the court in August and the case against Samsung's tablets will follow in September, according to Schtz.
Send news tips and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In Apple v. Samsung, it's a 'holy war' for $2B
- A day into the trial, Apple and Samsung already annoying each other
- Supreme Court justices raise questions about software patents
- Phil Schiller up again in next round of Apple-Samsung battle
- Nokia and HTC bury hatchet in patent disputes
- How about them apples: Google and Samsung ink patent deal
- Samsung's Apple damages equal to just 16 days' profit
- Supreme Court to get software patent case
- The latest move to kill bad patents divides tech industry
- Judge refuses to stay Apple-Samsung lawsuit pending patent review
- Path Selection Infographic Path Selection Infographic
- Hyperconvergence Infographic A wide range of observers agree that data centers are now entering an era of "hyperconvergence" that will raise network traffic levels faster...
- Preparing Your Infrastructure for the Hyperconvergence Era From cloud computing and virtualization to mobility and unified communications, an array of innovative technologies is transforming today's data centers.
- How WAN Optimization Helps Enterprises Reduce Costs If you wanted to break down innovation into a tidy equation, it might go something like this: Technology + Connectivity = Productivity. Productivity...
- Cloud Knowledge Vault Learn how your organization can benefit from the scalability, flexibility, and performance that the cloud offers through the short videos and other resources...
- LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users? All Legal White Papers | Webcasts