LiftMaster app can open your garage door
CES newcomers, like LiftMaster, bring consumer electronic wares to Las Vegas
Computerworld - The increasing integration of networks to physical devices is bringing new companies, such as LiftMaster, to the Consumer Electronics Show.
LiftMaster makes garage door openers, and recently introduced a model that can be controlled by way of an app. The garage door makes its connection through a 900 MHz radio that is connected to a home router. J. Beth Bjorlo, pictured above, marketing manager at the Elmhurst, Ill.-based firm, displays the app. This wireless capability gives a homeowner the capability letting in a dog sitter or UPS delivery person remotely. The company came to CES because "this is an app that actually moves physical things," said Bjorlo.
Patrick Thibodeau covers SaaS and enterprise applications, outsourcing, government IT policies, data centers and IT workforce issues for Computerworld. Follow Patrick on Twitter at @DCgov, or subscribe to Patrick's RSS feed . His e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more about Mobile/Wireless in Computerworld's Mobile/Wireless Topic Center.
- The Apple-ization of the Enterprise: Understanding IT's New World Read this paper for how to tackle Apple-ization (and the related consumerization of IT and Bring Your Own Device/BYOD).
- A Practical Introduction to Enterprise Mobility Management Read the white paper to better understand the basic concepts within mobility management and to learn how you can apply EMM technology to...
- Enterprise Mobility: A Checklist for Secure Containerization The advantages and disadvantages of the multiple approaches to containerization. Learn More>>
- Enterprise Endpoint Backup Checklist Read this checklist to learn how to create a back up strategy to quickly and easily protect your endpoint data.
- On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy...
- Mobile Security: Containerizing Enterprise Data In this on-demand webinar, Fixmo's Lee Cocking, VP of corporate strategy, explains why Apple-ization trends like mobility and "bring-your-own-device" (BYOD) are driving the... All Mobile/Wireless White Papers | Webcasts