HTC Titan II coming to AT&T 4G LTE
The Titan II runs Windows Phone OS, has a 16-megapixel camera
Computerworld - HTC announced the Titan II smartphone at CES on Monday, making it the first Windows Phone on AT&T's fast 4G LTE network.
Nokia was planning to announce other Windows Phone devices using the Lumia brand name later in the day at a CES news conference, according to Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer and Nokia CEO Stephen Elop. Both men made appearances at the AT&T Developer Conference in Las Vegas.
The Titan II has a 16-megapixel camera, double the resolution of cameras in most current smartphones. HTC CEO Peter Chou said the camera is quickly becoming a favorite option for smartphone users, and a higher resolution device is a natural evolution for the smartphone.
The Titan II uses a 1.5GHz Snapdragon S 2 chip from Qualcomm. Its display is the largest among any Windows Phones globally, measuring 4.7-in.
AT&T said the Titan II will be available in coming months, but did not offer any specifics on a release date or pricing.
Matt Hamblen covers mobile and wireless, smartphones and other handhelds, and wireless networking for Computerworld. Follow Matt on Twitter at @matthamblen or subscribe to Matt's RSS feed. His e-mail address is email@example.com.
Read more about Smartphones in Computerworld's Smartphones Topic Center.
- Tips for Driving User Adoption in New Technology Deployment Read this checklist on tips for driving user adoption to see where you stand.
- 5 Customers Deliver Virtual Desktops and Apps to Empower a Modern Workforce Learn how Citrix solutions helped 5 companies realize the full value of desktop virtualization through a project-by-project approach based on key business priorities.
- Top 10 Reasons to Strengthen Information Security with Desktop Virtualization Regain control and reduce risk without sacrificing business productivity and growth
- IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Client Virtualization Software 2013 Vendor Assessment IDC has placed Citrix in the 2013 IDC MarketScape Leaders Category once again noting that, "Citrix's position reflects the company's market leadership and...
- What Does it Take to Deliver a Superior Customer Experience? The Two Top-Rated Online Retailers, B&H Photo and Crutchfield Electronics, Share Their Secrets Discuss practical CX tools and service methods such as contact center agents and the use of realtime speech analytics to help contact center...
- Keep Servers Up and Running and Attackers in the Dark An SSL/TLS handshake requires at least 10 times more processing power on a server than on the client. SSL renegotiation attacks can readily... All Smartphones White Papers | Webcasts