Galaxy Nexus release: Maybe Friday?
Photos of the Galaxy Nexus smartphone spark more speculation
Computerworld - No reason to panic just yet: The Samsung Galaxy Nexus on Verizon Wireless' 4G LTE network could go on sale Friday, with some leaked photos of the device in red packaging posted on various websites.
The smartphone has attracted so much attention because it is the first device to run Ice Cream Sandwich, or the Android 4.0 mobile operating system. Many reviews have popped up based on units of the Galaxy Nexus on T-Mobile USA's network, including one from Computerworld blogger JR Raphael (who loved it for its pure Google features).
The phone has already launched in the U.K. and has been out long enough that Google and Samsung have already started sending updates to fix a volume fluctuation problem. Shipments are expected to begin this week on Canadian carriers as well.
As it's done several times recently, Verizon would not comment on the release date of the Galaxy Nexus on its LTE network.
Matt Hamblen covers mobile and wireless, smartphones and other handhelds, and wireless networking for Computerworld. Follow Matt on Twitter at @matthamblen or subscribe to Matt's RSS feed. His e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more about Smartphones in Computerworld's Smartphones Topic Center.
- Tips for Driving User Adoption in New Technology Deployment Read this checklist on tips for driving user adoption to see where you stand.
- Securing Mobile App Data - Comparing Containers and App Wrappers Analysts agree that Mobile Device Management (MDM) is not enough when it comes to securing app data. Although it remains a critical component...
- Capabilities You Need in an IP Address Management Solution A mismanaged IP space can cripple an otherwise healthy network. Take a moment to understand what you need in an enterprise-ready IPAM solution.
- IPv6 Fundamentals IPv6 is needed to sustain the growth of the Internet. The transition from IPv4 will require planning and likely some degree of support...
- Accelerate your innovation with IBM Bluemix™ Join us for a webcast introducing the new IBM BluemixTM. IBM Bluemix (www.bluemix.net) is a developer oriented Platform as a Service (PaaS) environment...
- Maximizing Availability for the Modern Data Center Check out this information-packed resource center for help in maximizing the availability of your data center - from overcoming challenges to choosing the... All Smartphones White Papers | Webcasts