Samsung to issue fix for Galaxy Nexus volume issue
Samsung still hasn't provide an explanation for the cause of the phone's sound volume control problem
IDG News Service - Samsung will update the Galaxy Nexus as soon as possible to fix an issue that is causing problems with sound volume, the company said on Wednesday.
"We are aware of the volume issue and have developed a fix. We will update devices as soon as possible," a spokesman said via e-mail, without elaborating on what actually caused the problem.
The new Google phone went on sale in the U.K. last week, and just days later users started reporting in Google's Android developer forum that the volume drops to nothing seemingly at random and the volume rocker becomes unresponsive for a few seconds.
One Galaxy Nexus owner returned the phone only to find the same problem with the replacement: "I was already awake and had not touched the phone yet, the alarm sounded for a second and then went silent. Thought that was weird so checked the phone and the volume was down. I can't trust the alarm to wake me up now for work!"
The volume variations seemed unrelated to the wireless network used, with phones misbehaving when connected to Wi-Fi, and 3G, or with wireless turned off, phone owners reported.
The Galaxy Nexus is based on Android 4.0, also known as Ice Cream Sandwich. The phone has a 4.65-inch Super AMOLED screen with a 1280 x 720 resolution, and is powered by a dual-core 1.2GHz processor.
Send news tips and comments to email@example.com
- Data Center Projects: Project Management The project management model described in this paper is a framework to show essential characteristics that must be considered in any implementation of...
- The Truth About Virtual Computing for CAD If you're a user of graphics-intensive software such as 3D modeling, simulation and analysis, and visualization, you might be skeptical about moving to...
- Enable secure remote access to 3D data without sacrificing visual perfomance Design and manufacturing companies must adapt quickly to the demands of an increasingly global and competitive economy. To speed time to market for...
- Magic Quadrant for Data Masking Technology IBM is a leader in Gartner Inc's Magic Quadrant for Data Masking Technology. Read the full report to learn about IBM.
- The Key to Happiness: Throw out Your Data Warehouse In this webinar, Kerry Reitnauer, Director, Solution Architect at FairPoint Communications will discuss the challenges the data warehouse brought, how they migrated to...
- Building Tomorrow's Data Center with Converged Technologies A number of forces are converging: the cloud, converged infrastructure, big data and fabric architectures to name a few. All Data Center White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!