Samsung to issue fix for Galaxy Nexus volume issue
Samsung still hasn't provide an explanation for the cause of the phone's sound volume control problem
IDG News Service - Samsung will update the Galaxy Nexus as soon as possible to fix an issue that is causing problems with sound volume, the company said on Wednesday.
"We are aware of the volume issue and have developed a fix. We will update devices as soon as possible," a spokesman said via e-mail, without elaborating on what actually caused the problem.
The new Google phone went on sale in the U.K. last week, and just days later users started reporting in Google's Android developer forum that the volume drops to nothing seemingly at random and the volume rocker becomes unresponsive for a few seconds.
One Galaxy Nexus owner returned the phone only to find the same problem with the replacement: "I was already awake and had not touched the phone yet, the alarm sounded for a second and then went silent. Thought that was weird so checked the phone and the volume was down. I can't trust the alarm to wake me up now for work!"
The volume variations seemed unrelated to the wireless network used, with phones misbehaving when connected to Wi-Fi, and 3G, or with wireless turned off, phone owners reported.
The Galaxy Nexus is based on Android 4.0, also known as Ice Cream Sandwich. The phone has a 4.65-inch Super AMOLED screen with a 1280 x 720 resolution, and is powered by a dual-core 1.2GHz processor.
Send news tips and comments to email@example.com
- Capabilities You Need in an IP Address Management Solution A mismanaged IP space can cripple an otherwise healthy network. Take a moment to understand what you need in an enterprise-ready IPAM solution.
- Optimize IT Performance & Availability: Four Steps to Establish Effective IT Management Baselines More than ever before, your company's ability to grow hinges on IT performance and availability. Download this how-to report on establishing IT baselines,...
- Considerations for Embracing Wireless Monitoring Employee behavior is once again driving major changes for IT departments - this time it's BYOD. This report details three critical steps to...
- Fixing Intermittent Performance Problems Intermittent performance problems are among the most frustrating and time-consuming issues IT administrators face. Read this white paper and learn how technology advances...
- Accelerate your innovation with IBM Bluemix™ Join us for a webcast introducing the new IBM BluemixTM. IBM Bluemix (www.bluemix.net) is a developer oriented Platform as a Service (PaaS) environment...
- Maximizing Availability for the Modern Data Center Check out this information-packed resource center for help in maximizing the availability of your data center - from overcoming challenges to choosing the... All Data Center White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!