Samsung to issue fix for Galaxy Nexus volume issue
Samsung still hasn't provide an explanation for the cause of the phone's sound volume control problem
IDG News Service - Samsung will update the Galaxy Nexus as soon as possible to fix an issue that is causing problems with sound volume, the company said on Wednesday.
"We are aware of the volume issue and have developed a fix. We will update devices as soon as possible," a spokesman said via e-mail, without elaborating on what actually caused the problem.
The new Google phone went on sale in the U.K. last week, and just days later users started reporting in Google's Android developer forum that the volume drops to nothing seemingly at random and the volume rocker becomes unresponsive for a few seconds.
One Galaxy Nexus owner returned the phone only to find the same problem with the replacement: "I was already awake and had not touched the phone yet, the alarm sounded for a second and then went silent. Thought that was weird so checked the phone and the volume was down. I can't trust the alarm to wake me up now for work!"
The volume variations seemed unrelated to the wireless network used, with phones misbehaving when connected to Wi-Fi, and 3G, or with wireless turned off, phone owners reported.
The Galaxy Nexus is based on Android 4.0, also known as Ice Cream Sandwich. The phone has a 4.65-inch Super AMOLED screen with a 1280 x 720 resolution, and is powered by a dual-core 1.2GHz processor.
Send news tips and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- HP HAVEn: See the big picture in Big Data HP HAVEn is the industry's first comprehensive, scalable, open, and secure platform for Big Data. Enterprises are drowning in a sea of data...
- Piecing Together the Business Intelligence Puzzle Business intelligence (BI) technology collects and analyzes company data, delivering relevant information to corporate decision-makers in an effort to produce favorable outcomes.
- Harness IT -- An Introduction to Business Intelligence Solutions Learn the key selection criteria required to provide your organization with the capability to address structured data, unstructured data and mobile demands so...
- Business Intelligence Shows its Smarts Today's Business Intelligence (BI) tools provide a new way to think about data with self-service capabilities and user-friendly analytics that can be used...
- Cloud Knowledge Vault Learn how your organization can benefit from the scalability, flexibility, and performance that the cloud offers through the short videos and other resources...
- Testimonial: Cystic Fibrosis Trust Peter Hawkins, the Head of IT for Cystic Fibrosis Trust, discusses the role CommVault's Simpana software platform plays in improving the company's information... All Data Center White Papers | Webcasts