Galaxy Nexus to arrive in Canada on Dec. 7; no U.S. ship date yet
Verizon will be U.S. carrier; smartphone to run on its LTE network
Computerworld - Samsung's Galaxy Nexus, the first smartphone running Android 4.0 (also known as Ice Cream Sandwich), will be available through Canadian wireless carriers starting Dec. 7 and is already shipping in the U.K.. Verizon Wireless still hasn't announced a release date for the device in U.S.
Bell announced on Monday that it will begin selling the Galaxy Nexus on Dec. 8 for $159.95 (Canadian) with a service agreement. Virgin Mobile said it would start shipping the Samsung smartphone on Dec. 7 for $159.99 (Canadian) with an agreement.
Verizon has previously said the Galaxy Nexus will run on its 4G LTE network. Some reviewers, including Computerworld's JR Raphael, have tested the device on T-Mobile USA's HSPA+ network.
Google and various carriers have touted the Galaxy Nexus's 1.2GHz dual-core processor and its 4.65-in. touchscreen, which is larger than the screens on nearly every other smartphone.
Matt Hamblen covers mobile and wireless, smartphones and other handhelds, and wireless networking for Computerworld. Follow Matt on Twitter at @matthamblen, or subscribe to Matt's RSS feed. His email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more about Mobile/Wireless in Computerworld's Mobile/Wireless Topic Center.
- Assessing ROI for Mobile Acceleration Clients This EMA® paper examines the business case for deploying mobile WAN optimization client software and builds a ROI model based on the experiences...
- The Apple-ization of the Enterprise: Understanding IT's New World Read this paper for how to tackle Apple-ization (and the related consumerization of IT and Bring Your Own Device/BYOD).
- A Practical Introduction to Enterprise Mobility Management Read the white paper to better understand the basic concepts within mobility management and to learn how you can apply EMM technology to...
- Enterprise Mobility: A Checklist for Secure Containerization The advantages and disadvantages of the multiple approaches to containerization. Learn More>>
- On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy...
- Mobile Security: Containerizing Enterprise Data In this on-demand webinar, Fixmo's Lee Cocking, VP of corporate strategy, explains why Apple-ization trends like mobility and "bring-your-own-device" (BYOD) are driving the... All Mobile/Wireless White Papers | Webcasts
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!