Network World - Tech lovers have been flocking to the iPad 2 and other tablets in order to watch movies, read books, surf the Web and make video calls on the latest, greatest, thinnest, lightest, coolest devices. But where do tablets fit within the enterprise?
We tested 10 tablets to see which had the strongest set of business-related features. Our test subjects ranged from the high-end $1,699 GammaTech Durabook (a tablet/notebook hybrid) to the $279 Archus 70 and everything in between, including tablets from Fujitsu, RIM, Acer, ViewSonic, Toshiba, Motorola and, of course, Apple. We even tested a $79 no-name tablet from China.
We focused on business-related features, such as business-oriented programs and apps, security components, developer programs poised towards the enterprise, and accessories targeting business use. We also looked at battery life and Java-based browser performance.
Tablet throwdown: Amazon Kindle Fire vs. Apple iPad 2
To continue reading, register here to become an Insider
It's FREE to join
- Learn More About Peer 1 Hosting's Mission Critical Cloud Mission Critical Cloud from Peer 1 Hosting is enterprise-ready, creating a perfect point of adoption whether you need an off-premise solution for development
- What Makes a Cloud Solution Truly Enterprise-Grade? Future enterprise cloud capabilities will evolve from five core elements...
- Mission Critical Cloud Powers Freesat Website, Mobile App When subscription-free satellite TV service Freesat needed a scalable, cost-effective infrastructure it found the disaster recovery and security features it needed with Peer...
- Bring Your Own Device: From Security to Success Download this e-Book to learn best practices for executing a BYOD policy.
- Cloud and Collaboration: Driving Your Business Value Mission Critical Cloud from Peer 1 Hosting is enterprise-grade.
- Peer 1's Mission Critical Cloud: Your Cloud, Your Way Peer 1 Hosting's Mission Critical Cloud offers the ultimate in flexible customization of infrastructure, resources and support. All Netbooks White Papers | Webcasts