Network World - Tech lovers have been flocking to the iPad 2 and other tablets in order to watch movies, read books, surf the Web and make video calls on the latest, greatest, thinnest, lightest, coolest devices. But where do tablets fit within the enterprise?
We tested 10 tablets to see which had the strongest set of business-related features. Our test subjects ranged from the high-end $1,699 GammaTech Durabook (a tablet/notebook hybrid) to the $279 Archus 70 and everything in between, including tablets from Fujitsu, RIM, Acer, ViewSonic, Toshiba, Motorola and, of course, Apple. We even tested a $79 no-name tablet from China.
We focused on business-related features, such as business-oriented programs and apps, security components, developer programs poised towards the enterprise, and accessories targeting business use. We also looked at battery life and Java-based browser performance.
Tablet throwdown: Amazon Kindle Fire vs. Apple iPad 2
To continue reading, register here to become an Insider
It's FREE to join
- Big Data, Big Mess: Sound Risk Intelligence Through Complete Context This paper examines the insecurity of the small businesses in the supply chain and offers tips to close those backdoors into the enterprise.
- Using Cyber Insurance and Cybercrime Data to Limit Your Business Risk This paper examines the challenges of understanding cyber risks, the importance of having the right cyber risk intelligence, and how to use this...
- 5 Tips to Secure Small Business Backdoors in the Enterprise Supply Chain This paper examines the insecurity of the small businesses in the supply chain and offers tips to close those backdoors into the enterprise.
- Confront consumerization with convergence Virtualization expert Elias Khnaser spotlights the security, compliance, and governance issues that arise when enterprise users "consumerize" with shadow IT and public cloud...
- NSS Labs & Cisco Present: Evaluating Leading Breach Detection Systems Today's constantly evolving advanced malware and APTs can evade point-in-time defenses to penetrate networks. Security professionals must evolve their strategy in lockstep to...
- Will the Real Endpoint Threat Detection and Response Please Stand Up? This webinar explores new technologies & process for protecting endpoints from advanced attackers as well as the innovations that are pushing the envelope... All Netbooks White Papers | Webcasts
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!