HP loses top strategist Robison, won't replace him
Shane Robison, who directs the company's research efforts, is retiring Nov. 1
IDG News Service - Hewlett-Packard's chief strategy and technology officer, Shane Robison, is retiring and will not be replaced, the company said Thursday.
Robison has worked at HP for 11 years and also serves as an executive vice president and member of the company's Executive Council. According to his profile on HP's website, he was also responsible for worldwide corporate marketing activities. He will step down, effective Nov. 1.
Robison, who HP said has led many of its biggest acquisitions and played a key role in shaping research investment, is leaving a company rattled by its second CEO change in less than a year. The firing of CEO Leo Apotheker last month also led to some uncertainty about an aggressive set of new initiatives, including a plan to leave the PC business.
HP is now eliminating the role of chief strategy and technology officer as part of an effort to bring strategy, research and development closer to its individual business units, the company said in a press release.
Robison came to HP from Compaq Computer, which the company acquired in 2002. He had also worked at AT&T Labs and Apple.
- The New IT Explore enhanced productivity for IT staff, and seamless integration across IT operation management systems. Download now.
- Securing Mobile App Data - Comparing Containers and App Wrappers Analysts agree that Mobile Device Management (MDM) is not enough when it comes to securing app data. Although it remains a critical component...
- Capabilities You Need in an IP Address Management Solution A mismanaged IP space can cripple an otherwise healthy network. Take a moment to understand what you need in an enterprise-ready IPAM solution.
- IPv6 Fundamentals IPv6 is needed to sustain the growth of the Internet. The transition from IPv4 will require planning and likely some degree of support...
- Bringing software licenses into compliance A hospital group received a software license audit, so they called in CDW to help define and manage their software licensing status.
- Accelerate your innovation with IBM Bluemix™ Join us for a webcast introducing the new IBM BluemixTM. IBM Bluemix (www.bluemix.net) is a developer oriented Platform as a Service (PaaS) environment... All IT Careers White Papers | Webcasts
Our 28th annual survey results show which IT skills are in high demand and which are cooling off. Also, see how your salary stacks up to peers' with our Smart Salary Tool.