Facebook iPad app 'full of bugs'
Users accuse Facebook of not testing app properly
Macworld UK - Facebook's recently-released app for the iPad has been criticised by users who claim it is full of bugs.
Facebook 4.0 for iOS is the first iPad-native official Facebook app for Apple's tablet, and was released late last night.
The app aims to let you browse your news feed, notifications, and messages; view photos in full-screen; view video clips and send them via AirPlay to your television; chat with friends; and even play games your friends have recommended or recently played.
Until now, if you've wanted to use Facebook on the iPad you have been restricted to the iPhone version or third-party apps.
Facebook 4.0 is free to download from the App Store though users have flooded Twitter with complaints about the app not working properly.
"I'm pleased to report that the new Facebook for the iPad crashes just as well as any other iPad app," one user wrote.
"Facebook for iPad is here. It's bigger, better, and buggier than any social networking app you'll see," a spoof account for Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg wrote.
A BBC report contains quotes from journalist Mark Coyle, who accused Facebook of not testing the app properly.
"I have an Apple dock/keyboard, and if you put the iPad on the dock then try to comment on a post, the 'Send' button doesn't appear. Take it off the dock - it appears. Poor testing by FB," Coyle said.
However, not all users appear to be unhappy. "Facebook for iPad makes me wanna stalk people all night long because it makes it so easy and seamless to do so!" one wrote on Twitter. Reviews of the new version of the app in the App Store are decidedly mixed.
A note has appeared on the page for the Facebook 4.0 app in the App Store, aimed at users upgrading from a previous version, advising them to uninstall and reinstall the app. "If you're having trouble starting the app after the upgrade, please delete and reinstall the app - this has been confirmed to solve the issue," it reads.
- Five Steps to Achieve Success in your Application Security Program This white paper provides a general framework your organization can use to create or build upon an application security program. It includes guidelines...
- Unlock the Value of Enterprise Mobility Download this guide and learn how to manage the secure deployment of enterprise mobile apps and data, while still encouraging the levels of...
- Rebranded Quadmark revamps its IT solutions with Google Apps Switching to Google Apps halved Quadmark's IT admin costs while achieving 10% time savings per employee. The global consulting firm now spends 80%...
- Manufacturing Outlook: Improving time to market, operational effectiveness and innovation in a highly competitive environment An enterprise project portfolio management solution can help manufacturers position themselves in the new competitive landscape.
- Live Webcast
Transforming Finance, Procurement and Supply Chain Effectiveness with Cross-Functional Analytics
Date: May 6th, 2014
Time: 1 PM EDT
Attend this Webcast to find out how Oracle's packaged analytic applications enable line-of-business managers to examine all...
- Video Stream Quality Impacts Viewer Behavior This scientific white paper, using statistical data from Amakai's streaming network, analyzes how changes in video quality cause changes in viewer behavior.
- Service-Enabling CICS Applications: Best Practices This informative webcast provides an informed, thorough look into CICS service-enablement options and how they can affect your environment. You'll learn how to... All Applications White Papers | Webcasts