Facebook iPad app 'full of bugs'
Users accuse Facebook of not testing app properly
Macworld UK - Facebook's recently-released app for the iPad has been criticised by users who claim it is full of bugs.
Facebook 4.0 for iOS is the first iPad-native official Facebook app for Apple's tablet, and was released late last night.
The app aims to let you browse your news feed, notifications, and messages; view photos in full-screen; view video clips and send them via AirPlay to your television; chat with friends; and even play games your friends have recommended or recently played.
Until now, if you've wanted to use Facebook on the iPad you have been restricted to the iPhone version or third-party apps.
Facebook 4.0 is free to download from the App Store though users have flooded Twitter with complaints about the app not working properly.
"I'm pleased to report that the new Facebook for the iPad crashes just as well as any other iPad app," one user wrote.
"Facebook for iPad is here. It's bigger, better, and buggier than any social networking app you'll see," a spoof account for Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg wrote.
A BBC report contains quotes from journalist Mark Coyle, who accused Facebook of not testing the app properly.
"I have an Apple dock/keyboard, and if you put the iPad on the dock then try to comment on a post, the 'Send' button doesn't appear. Take it off the dock - it appears. Poor testing by FB," Coyle said.
However, not all users appear to be unhappy. "Facebook for iPad makes me wanna stalk people all night long because it makes it so easy and seamless to do so!" one wrote on Twitter. Reviews of the new version of the app in the App Store are decidedly mixed.
A note has appeared on the page for the Facebook 4.0 app in the App Store, aimed at users upgrading from a previous version, advising them to uninstall and reinstall the app. "If you're having trouble starting the app after the upgrade, please delete and reinstall the app - this has been confirmed to solve the issue," it reads.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- What Datapipe customers need to know about the new PCI DSS 3.0 compliance standard This handy quick reference outlines what PCI DSS 3.0 is, who needs to be compliant and how Alert Logic solutions address the new...
- The 12 PCI DSS 3.0 requirements addressed by Peer 1 Hosting This handy quick reference outlines the 12 PCI DSS 3.0 requirements, who needs to be compliant and how Alert Logic solutions address the...
- Defense Throughout the Vulnerability Life Cycle This whitepaper provides insight into how to leverage threat and log management technologies to protect your IT assets throughout their vulnerability life cycle.
- The Critical Role of Support in Your Enterprise Mobility Management Strategy Most business leaders underestimate the importance of tech support when they choose an EMM solution. Here's what to put on your checklist.
- Live Webcast Best Practices for the Hyperconverged Enterprise Network To the Age of Constant Connectivity and Information overload
- Live Webcast Unmasking the Differences between Consumer and Enterprise File Sync & Share The consumerization of IT combined with the rapid pace of the modern mobile workplace is forcing enterprise IT teams to evaluate file sync...
- Live Webcast Government Agency Webifies Outdated COBOL Applications Let this CTO tell you how his agency converted 1980s-era green screens into an e-filing portal for the 100,000 cases handled each year...
- The New Way to Work Knowledge Vault This Knowledge Vault focuses on how, in today's increasingly virtual world, it's more important than ever to engage deeply with employees, suppliers, partners,...
- Getting Ready for BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10.2 Find out how BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10 helps organizations address the full spectrum of EMM challenges, while balancing the needs of both the... All Applications White Papers | Webcasts