Network World - How's this for a challenge? The CEO dies suddenly and you're tabbed to take his place -- on the heels of your network infrastructure company entering into a major new strategic partnership and in the midst of the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression. Oh, did I mention your competition includes some companies named Cisco Systems, Hewlett-Packard and Juniper Networks, among others? That's life for Chris Crowell, CEO of Enterasys Networks, who took over in 2009 shortly after predecessor Mike Fabiaschi's untimely death. Since then, Crowell has refreshed Enterasys' product line, pushed for the development of innovative new social media-based network management capabilities that promise to make life easier for network admins, and achieved record sales in the last financial quarter. In this latest installment of the IDG Enterprise CEO Interview Series, Crowell spoke with IDGE Chief Content Officer John Gallant about how Enterasys is competing against networking's big dogs, explored an upcoming fabric launch expected in October and talked about the company's partnership with Siemens Enterprise Communications. He also explained why "Isaac" is so important and where Enterasys plans to take the technology.
What is the unique selling proposition for Enterasys? How do you position the company to customers versus the companies that they hear about a lot more about, like the Ciscos, HPs and Junipers?
To continue reading, register here to become an Insider
It's FREE to join
- Unisys going on offense in server and security markets
- VMware CEO talks software-defined data centers, OpenStack and dueling Amazon
- AirWatch CEO: We'll be the breakout market leader in mobile management
- eBay's CIO Succeeds by Innovating and 'Connecting the Dots'
- BroadSoft CEO: Here's why communications is moving to the cloud
- Citrix: What kind of company is it anyway?
- Juniper CEO Johnson talks software, the company's recent challenges and key future directions
- Cloudera CEO: We're taking Hadoop beyond MapReduce
- Q&A: Lenovo's U.S. chief details enterprise strategy, explains PC maker's rapid growth
- Virtual Instruments CEO: We're the bridge between physical and virtual
- Virtually Delivered High Performance 3D Graphics "A picture is worth a thousand words." That old phrase is as true today as it ever was. Pictures (i.e., those with heavy...
- Who does NSS Labs "Recommend" for NGFW? In 2012, NSS Labs found that most available NGFW solutions "fell short in performance and security effectiveness." In 2013 NSS Labs noted "marked...
- CIOs Deliver Productivity Breakthroughs with Intelligent Digital Signage Retailers have long recognized the influence that digital signage provides over a shopper's point-of-purchase decision making process.
- Improving Business Value of WAN Optimization Want to achieve faster ROI with WAN optimization? Read the latest IDC report and discover how you can cut IT costs without compromising...
- Live Webcast IBM FlashSystem V840: Leveraging Software-Defined Flash to Drive Your Business With end-to-end, tightly integrated functionality and super-fast flash technology, products like IBM FlashSystem V840 Enterprise Performance Solution empower businesses to leverage the efficiency...
- What should I look for in a Next Generation Firewall? SANS Provides Guidance With so many vendors claiming to have a Next Generation Firewall (NGFW), it can be difficult to tell what makes each one different....
- IBM FlashSystem V840: Leveraging Software-Defined Flash to Drive Your Business With end-to-end, tightly integrated functionality and super-fast flash technology, products like IBM FlashSystem V840 Enterprise Performance Solution empower businesses to leverage the efficiency... All Networking White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!