Network World - How's this for a challenge? The CEO dies suddenly and you're tabbed to take his place -- on the heels of your network infrastructure company entering into a major new strategic partnership and in the midst of the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression. Oh, did I mention your competition includes some companies named Cisco Systems, Hewlett-Packard and Juniper Networks, among others? That's life for Chris Crowell, CEO of Enterasys Networks, who took over in 2009 shortly after predecessor Mike Fabiaschi's untimely death. Since then, Crowell has refreshed Enterasys' product line, pushed for the development of innovative new social media-based network management capabilities that promise to make life easier for network admins, and achieved record sales in the last financial quarter. In this latest installment of the IDG Enterprise CEO Interview Series, Crowell spoke with IDGE Chief Content Officer John Gallant about how Enterasys is competing against networking's big dogs, explored an upcoming fabric launch expected in October and talked about the company's partnership with Siemens Enterprise Communications. He also explained why "Isaac" is so important and where Enterasys plans to take the technology.
What is the unique selling proposition for Enterasys? How do you position the company to customers versus the companies that they hear about a lot more about, like the Ciscos, HPs and Junipers?
To continue reading, register here to become an Insider
It's FREE to join
- Unisys going on offense in server and security markets
- VMware CEO talks software-defined data centers, OpenStack and dueling Amazon
- AirWatch CEO: We'll be the breakout market leader in mobile management
- eBay's CIO Succeeds by Innovating and 'Connecting the Dots'
- BroadSoft CEO: Here's why communications is moving to the cloud
- Citrix: What kind of company is it anyway?
- Juniper CEO Johnson talks software, the company's recent challenges and key future directions
- Cloudera CEO: We're taking Hadoop beyond MapReduce
- Q&A: Lenovo's U.S. chief details enterprise strategy, explains PC maker's rapid growth
- Virtual Instruments CEO: We're the bridge between physical and virtual
- Why Dell PowerEdge VRTX for ROBO and Small Offices Remote and branch offices, as well as small business, often have the dilemma of balancing office productivity with the complexity of providing IT...
- Achieve Deeper Network Security and Application Control Next-generation firewalls (NGFWs) have emerged to revolutionize network security as we once knew it. Yet to safeguard an organization from today's ever-evolving threats,...
- It's Who You Know: CDW + CISCO Unified Communications and Collaboration When it comes to unified communications and collaboration, it's not just what you know. It's who you know. That's why we partner with...
- How to Modernize Your IT Infrastructure & Streamline Operations Increasing line of business demands? Shrinking IT budget? See how Red Hat can help you meet growing.
- Live Webcast 5 Steps to Assuring Quality of Experience In order to align monitoring and management practices with the true demands of the business, IT professionals must expand beyond traditional comfort zones...
- Live Webcast Master the Changing SAP Landscape with Performance Management SAP landscapes are not getting simpler. Gradually, business processes that used to be contained on a single SAP system now involve a range...
- Navigating the New Wireless Landscape Thriving in the new wireless landscape View Now>>
- Deep Dive into Advanced Networking and Security with Hybrid Cloud Security and networking are among the top concerns when moving workloads to the cloud. VMware vCloud® Hybrid Service™ enables you to extend your... All Networking White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!