Oracle cancels Salesforce CEO's keynote
Marc Benioff invited people to hear his speech on Wednesday at a San Francisco restaurant
IDG News Service - Salesforce.com chairman and CEO, Marc Benioff will on Wednesday speak at a local restaurant in San Francisco, after his keynote at Oracle OpenWorld 2011 was canceled by Oracle.
"Larry just canceled my keynote tomorrow!" Benioff said in a Twitter message, inviting people to join him at a local restaurant instead. "Beware of the false cloud," he added. In another message on Twitter, Benioff said "The show must go on! Sorry Larry!"
Benioff also sent a message to Dell CEO Michael Dell, saying that he looked forward to seeing him and hearing him talk at Dell World. " OK, please don't cancel me like #oow11." The Dell event is scheduled for Oct. 12 in Austin.
"Due to the overwhelming attendance at Oracle OpenWorld we had to make several session changes," an Oracle spokeswoman said. The Salesforce.com Executive Solution Session was moved to Thursday at 8:00 a.m.in the Novellus Theatre.
Benioff was scheduled to speak on the topic "Welcome to the Social Enterprise" at 10:15 a.m. on Wednesday, in the Novellus theater near the Moscone Convention Center in San Francisco, according to an earlier statement from Salesforce. He will now speak at 10:30 a.m. at the Ame Restaurant in the St. Regis Hotel, San Francisco.
Benioff had earlier re-tweeted a number of comments critical of Oracle and the speech on Sunday by its CEO, Larry Ellison. He also holds that Salesforce is a real "cloud" company while Oracle isn't.
- Warning: Cloud Data at Risk Experts agree that relying on SaaS vendors to backup and restore your data is dangerous. Yet that's exactly what huge portions of the...
- The Opportunities and Challenges of the Cloud In this report F5 poses questions to IDC analysts, Sally Hudson and Phil Hochmuth, on behalf of F5's customers to better understand the...
- 5 Hybrid Cloud Starting Points Did you know that more than 50% of organizations are already using or planning a move to hybrid cloud?
- Cloud Computing Drives IT and Business Agility Hybrid Cloud Accelerates Time to Value What is the main focus for IT in your organization - cost or agility? Many IT discussions today focus on cost controls rather...
- DevOps with PureApplication System: Reduce cost and speed delivery with an integrated IBM Cloud solution Join this webcast to hear what ING Netherlands has been able to achieve while deploying DevOps tools from IBM Rational. An ING executive...
- Why Are Customers Really Deploying an NGFW? It seems every IT Security expert is talking about the NGFW, but what are people really doing? This webcast covers 5 real-world customer... All Cloud Computing White Papers | Webcasts
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!