Oracle cancels Salesforce CEO's keynote
Marc Benioff invited people to hear his speech on Wednesday at a San Francisco restaurant
IDG News Service - Salesforce.com chairman and CEO, Marc Benioff will on Wednesday speak at a local restaurant in San Francisco, after his keynote at Oracle OpenWorld 2011 was canceled by Oracle.
"Larry just canceled my keynote tomorrow!" Benioff said in a Twitter message, inviting people to join him at a local restaurant instead. "Beware of the false cloud," he added. In another message on Twitter, Benioff said "The show must go on! Sorry Larry!"
Benioff also sent a message to Dell CEO Michael Dell, saying that he looked forward to seeing him and hearing him talk at Dell World. " OK, please don't cancel me like #oow11." The Dell event is scheduled for Oct. 12 in Austin.
"Due to the overwhelming attendance at Oracle OpenWorld we had to make several session changes," an Oracle spokeswoman said. The Salesforce.com Executive Solution Session was moved to Thursday at 8:00 a.m.in the Novellus Theatre.
Benioff was scheduled to speak on the topic "Welcome to the Social Enterprise" at 10:15 a.m. on Wednesday, in the Novellus theater near the Moscone Convention Center in San Francisco, according to an earlier statement from Salesforce. He will now speak at 10:30 a.m. at the Ame Restaurant in the St. Regis Hotel, San Francisco.
Benioff had earlier re-tweeted a number of comments critical of Oracle and the speech on Sunday by its CEO, Larry Ellison. He also holds that Salesforce is a real "cloud" company while Oracle isn't.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- ESG: The IBM FlashSystem 840: Technical Evolution to Deliver Business Value In this whitepaper, you will learn how this high-speed storage technology has tremendous potential to support I/O-intensive and/or latency-sensitive applications.
- Choosing an MDM Platform: Where to Start the Conversation If you're in the early stages of choosing an MDM solution, or you're considering switching vendors, here are seven critical questions to ask...
- Axeda Platform Technical Overview This paper summarizes the major features of an IoT platform and explains how they simplify and speed the process of developing and deploying...
- Stock Shock: The effect of project and portfolio management on share price In this independent report, you'll see the intrinsic connection between long-term capital investment and short term market performance -- and how this can...
- Meg Whitman presents Unlocking IT with Big Data During this Web Event you will hear Meg Whitman, President and CEO, HP discuss HAVEn - the #1 Big Data platform, as well...
- Cloud Knowledge Vault Learn how your organization can benefit from the scalability, flexibility, and performance that the cloud offers through the short videos and other resources... All Cloud Computing White Papers | Webcasts