Oracle, Google will hold third settlement conference
The companies go back to the bargaining table on Oct. 1 in the Android lawsuit
IDG News Service - Oracle and Google will engage in another attempt to settle their lawsuit over alleged Java patent and copyright violations in the Android mobile OS.
The parties are set to appear Oct. 1 for the settlement conference, according to a ruling filed late Friday by Magistrate Judge Paul Grewal in U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California.
It was not immediately clear whether Oracle CEO Larry Ellison and Google CEO Larry Page will appear at the conference, as they did for previous sessions, including one held last week.
Android head Andy Rubin and Oracle co-president Safra Catz have also both appeared at past settlement talks.
Google did not immediately reply to a request for comment. An Oracle spokeswoman declined comment.
Oracle sued Google in August 2010 over Android's alleged infringement on Java, which Oracle gained through the purchase of Sun Microsystems.
A trial date has been set for Oct. 31.
Chris Kanaracus covers enterprise software and general technology breaking news for The IDG News Service. Chris's e-mail address is Chris_Kanaracus@idg.com
- Improving IT Efficiencies: Four Advantages of Multi-Tenant Data Centers Increasing demands on IT are forcing organizations to rethink their data center options. For many organizations, that means turning to the flexibility afforded...
- Accelerating Cloud Deployment and Operations with Managed Services Companies that do not have sufficient in-house expertise to either deploy or maintain an IaaS cloud should turn to Managed Service Providers .
- Rethinking IT Operations in the Cloud This paper breaks down the challenges that often prevent the cloud from delivering the fast, flexible and affordable infrastructure companies seek - and...
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for Cloud-Enabled Managed Hosting, North America Cloud-enabled managed hosting brings cloudlike consumption and provisioning attributes to the traditional managed hosting market
- NSS Labs & Cisco Present: Evaluating Leading Breach Detection Systems Today's constantly evolving advanced malware and APTs can evade point-in-time defenses to penetrate networks. Security professionals must evolve their strategy in lockstep to...
- Will the Real Endpoint Threat Detection and Response Please Stand Up? This webinar explores new technologies & process for protecting endpoints from advanced attackers as well as the innovations that are pushing the envelope... All Legal White Papers | Webcasts