Oracle, Google will hold third settlement conference
The companies go back to the bargaining table on Oct. 1 in the Android lawsuit
IDG News Service - Oracle and Google will engage in another attempt to settle their lawsuit over alleged Java patent and copyright violations in the Android mobile OS.
The parties are set to appear Oct. 1 for the settlement conference, according to a ruling filed late Friday by Magistrate Judge Paul Grewal in U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California.
It was not immediately clear whether Oracle CEO Larry Ellison and Google CEO Larry Page will appear at the conference, as they did for previous sessions, including one held last week.
Android head Andy Rubin and Oracle co-president Safra Catz have also both appeared at past settlement talks.
Google did not immediately reply to a request for comment. An Oracle spokeswoman declined comment.
Oracle sued Google in August 2010 over Android's alleged infringement on Java, which Oracle gained through the purchase of Sun Microsystems.
A trial date has been set for Oct. 31.
Chris Kanaracus covers enterprise software and general technology breaking news for The IDG News Service. Chris's e-mail address is Chris_Kanaracus@idg.com
- Path Selection Infographic Path Selection Infographic
- Hyperconvergence Infographic A wide range of observers agree that data centers are now entering an era of "hyperconvergence" that will raise network traffic levels faster...
- Preparing Your Infrastructure for the Hyperconvergence Era From cloud computing and virtualization to mobility and unified communications, an array of innovative technologies is transforming today's data centers.
- How WAN Optimization Helps Enterprises Reduce Costs If you wanted to break down innovation into a tidy equation, it might go something like this: Technology + Connectivity = Productivity. Productivity...
- LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users?
- On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy... All Legal White Papers | Webcasts