Verizon to launch LTE service in 21 more cities Oct. 20
Rollout Rollout already exceeds 140 cities
Computerworld - Verizon Wireless on Tuesday named 21 more cities that will get its faster LTE service starting Oct. 20.
The added cities, most of them mid-sized, come in addition to 143 cities already activated for LTE, with 26 added last Thursday.
Verizon spokesman Jeffrey Nelson said the upcoming 21 cities are grouped into 20 different markets. Norfolk and Virginia Beach, Va., are near each and are counted as one market.
The others are Birmingham, Ala., Fort Meyers, Fla., Tupelo, Miss., Asheville, N.C., Bartlesville, Okla., Jackson, Tenn., Modesto, Calif., Stockton, Calif., Albuquerque and Santa Fe, N.M., Richmond, Va., Hagerstown, Md., Terre Haute, Bloomington, Elkhart, Evansville and South Bend, Ind.; Sioux City, Iowa; and Green Bay, Wisc.
Last Sunday, AT&T kicked off its LTE network in five cities: Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Houston and San Antonio.
Matt Hamblen covers mobile and wireless, smartphones and other handhelds, and wireless networking for Computerworld. Follow Matt on Twitter at @matthamblen or subscribe to Matt's RSS feed. His e-mail address is email@example.com.
Read more about Mobile/Wireless in Computerworld's Mobile/Wireless Topic Center.
- The Apple-ization of the Enterprise: Understanding IT's New World Read this paper for how to tackle Apple-ization (and the related consumerization of IT and Bring Your Own Device/BYOD).
- A Practical Introduction to Enterprise Mobility Management Read the white paper to better understand the basic concepts within mobility management and to learn how you can apply EMM technology to...
- Enterprise Mobility: A Checklist for Secure Containerization The advantages and disadvantages of the multiple approaches to containerization. Learn More>>
- Enterprise Endpoint Backup Checklist Read this checklist to learn how to create a back up strategy to quickly and easily protect your endpoint data.
- On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy...
- Mobile Security: Containerizing Enterprise Data In this on-demand webinar, Fixmo's Lee Cocking, VP of corporate strategy, explains why Apple-ization trends like mobility and "bring-your-own-device" (BYOD) are driving the... All Mobile/Wireless White Papers | Webcasts