SDK for Windows Phone 7.5 apps will arrive in September
The new kit will allow developers to add upcoming Windows Phone improvements to their applications
IDG News Service - The final version of the Windows Phone SDK 7.1 will arrive at the end of September. It allows developers to take advantage of new features in Windows Phone 7.5, also known as Mango, Microsoft said in a blog post on Tuesday.
The SDK (Software Development Kit) provides users with all of the tools they need to develop applications and games for smartphones based on Windows Phone 7 and Windows Phone 7.5 . Existing and new applications can take advantage of Windows Phone 7.5 features such as fast app switching, background audio, and better search integration, according to Todd Brix , senior director, Windows Phone Marketplace.
On Tuesday, for developers that want to start now, Microsoft made the Release Candidate (RC) of the SDK available in English and Japanese with a "Go Live" license that lets users publish your their apps to the Windows Phone Marketplace.
The Release Candidate includes a so-called Marketplace Test Kit, which allows developers to test applications for certification requirements on your machine, running the same technical tests that Microsoft uses. Using the kit should dramatically improve a developers chance at passing the first time, Brix wrote.
On Tuesday, Microsoft also began accepting and certifying Mango apps through the App Hub. However, that doesn't mean Mango will arrive on existing devices in the coming days, according to Brix. However, people running early builds of Mango will see these new apps and games, he said.
Send news tips and comments to email@example.com
- Ten Factors Shaping the Future of Application Delivery Download this research report conducted by Enterprise Management Associates (EMA) to learn how those that are seeking to accelerate application delivery are leveraging...
- Using Continuous Delivery to Improve Software Delivery Learn more about the challenges impacting organizations and how continuous delivery processes can be a key success factor in accelerating software delivery.
- Global Bank Improves Quality of Application Development Read how this financial institution centralized build assets, cut development time in half and added additional security controls.
- HTTP Status Code Cheat Sheet Look at the Graph, Find the Code and Boom - You're Solving Problems. Identifying and understanding common HTTP status codes can go a...
- Cloud BI in Action: Recorded Webinar of Customer, Kony, Inc. See how Kony, Inc., a leading enterprise mobility company, is using TIBCO Jaspersoft for Amazon Web Services and Redshift to achieve embedded analytics...
- Cloud BI Overview: Jaspersoft for AWS Check out this overview of Jaspersoft for AWS, to easily and affordably build business intelligence solutions as well as embed visualizations and analytics... All App Development White Papers | Webcasts