HP kills webOS business, confirms PC spinoff
It also says it's in discussions to buy Autonomy
IDG News Service - Hewlett-Packard (HP) said Thursday that it is shuttering its webOS device business, specifically the TouchPad tablets it announced earlier this year and its webOS smartphones.
It also confirmed reports that it will seek "strategic alternatives for its Personal Systems Group," which may include "a full or partial separation of PSG from HP through a spin-off or other transaction." The company also confirmed reports that it is in discussions with Autonomy regarding a possible deal to buy the company.
Developing story. More to come.
- Aberdeen Group: Marketing Analytics for Manufacturing: Forging Customer Insights There are no recalls for poor marketing. Manufacturers need to get their customer intelligence and messaging right the first time. Learn how.
- The Brave New World of Customer-Centric Manufacturing The Unique Opportunity for Manufacturers to Better Understand their Consumers
- See the Possibilities Utilizing Data Visualization Do you simply want to collect data, or do you want to derive business insights from it? What if you could quickly and...
- Mission Critical: Managing Mobile Applications & Content Smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices have become embedded in enterprise processes, thanks to the consumerization of IT and a new generation of...
- Keep Servers Up and Running and Attackers in the Dark An SSL/TLS handshake requires at least 10 times more processing power on a server than on the client. SSL renegotiation attacks can readily...
- On Demand: Mastering the Art of Mobile Content Management Mobile device usage in the enterprise has skyrocketed, and it continues to escalate. IT must answer to users who demand access to their... All IT Industry White Papers | Webcasts