HP kills webOS business, confirms PC spinoff
It also says it's in discussions to buy Autonomy
IDG News Service - Hewlett-Packard (HP) said Thursday that it is shuttering its webOS device business, specifically the TouchPad tablets it announced earlier this year and its webOS smartphones.
It also confirmed reports that it will seek "strategic alternatives for its Personal Systems Group," which may include "a full or partial separation of PSG from HP through a spin-off or other transaction." The company also confirmed reports that it is in discussions with Autonomy regarding a possible deal to buy the company.
Developing story. More to come.
- Aberdeen Group: Marketing Analytics for Manufacturing: Forging Customer Insights There are no recalls for poor marketing. Manufacturers need to get their customer intelligence and messaging right the first time. Learn how.
- The Brave New World of Customer-Centric Manufacturing The Unique Opportunity for Manufacturers to Better Understand their Consumers
- See the Possibilities Utilizing Data Visualization Do you simply want to collect data, or do you want to derive business insights from it? What if you could quickly and...
- Datacenter eGuide Read on to learn what technologies are essential for high-performing data centers today, and to get a glimpse of what the data center...
- On-demand webinar - 7 Keys to Service Catalog Implementation Success Watch this webinar to learn 7 crucial keys to make your service catalog a success!
- Transform Your IT Service Management Watch this webinar, to learn how EasyVista can increase IT productivity & efficiency and deliver streamlined & integrated IT Service & Asset Mgmt. All IT Industry White Papers | Webcasts