HP kills webOS business, confirms PC spinoff
It also says it's in discussions to buy Autonomy
IDG News Service - Hewlett-Packard (HP) said Thursday that it is shuttering its webOS device business, specifically the TouchPad tablets it announced earlier this year and its webOS smartphones.
It also confirmed reports that it will seek "strategic alternatives for its Personal Systems Group," which may include "a full or partial separation of PSG from HP through a spin-off or other transaction." The company also confirmed reports that it is in discussions with Autonomy regarding a possible deal to buy the company.
Developing story. More to come.
- The Brave New World of Customer-Centric Manufacturing The Unique Opportunity for Manufacturers to Better Understand their Consumers
- See the Possibilities Utilizing Data Visualization Do you simply want to collect data, or do you want to derive business insights from it? What if you could quickly and...
- The Future of IT: A Customer First Approach Explore how customer-first policies can make use of social, mobile and cloud technologies to give workers the freedom and flexibility they desire to...
- Aberdeen Group: Marketing Analytics for Manufacturing: Forging Customer Insights There are no recalls for poor marketing. Manufacturers need to get their customer intelligence and messaging right the first time. Learn how.
- Bringing software licenses into compliance A hospital group received a software license audit, so they called in CDW to help define and manage their software licensing status.
- Software license renewal solutions that insure compliance A large design group with a software license renewal challenge employs a software asset management (SAM) tool from CDW to insure compliance. All IT Industry White Papers | Webcasts