HP kills webOS business, confirms PC spinoff
It also says it's in discussions to buy Autonomy
IDG News Service - Hewlett-Packard (HP) said Thursday that it is shuttering its webOS device business, specifically the TouchPad tablets it announced earlier this year and its webOS smartphones.
It also confirmed reports that it will seek "strategic alternatives for its Personal Systems Group," which may include "a full or partial separation of PSG from HP through a spin-off or other transaction." The company also confirmed reports that it is in discussions with Autonomy regarding a possible deal to buy the company.
Developing story. More to come.
- Silicon Valley's 19 Coolest Places to Work
- Is Windows 8 Development Worth the Trouble?
- 8 Books Every IT Leader Should Read This Year
- 10 Hot Hadoop Startups to Watch
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Aberdeen Group: Marketing Analytics for Manufacturing: Forging Customer Insights There are no recalls for poor marketing. Manufacturers need to get their customer intelligence and messaging right the first time. Learn how.
- The Brave New World of Customer-Centric Manufacturing The Unique Opportunity for Manufacturers to Better Understand their Consumers
- See the Possibilities Utilizing Data Visualization Do you simply want to collect data, or do you want to derive business insights from it? What if you could quickly and...
Changing the Way Government Works: Four Technology Trends that Drive Down Costs and Increase Productivity
This paper discusses four technology-based approaches to improving processes and increasing
productivity while driving down department and agency costs.
- Top 4 Digital Signage Fails Join RMG Networks for a look at four of the most common reasons digital signage fails in corporate businesses. Learn about strategies to...
- Building Tomorrow's Infrastructure Listen to this podcast to discover how Crider Foods worked with PC Connection to update their IT infrastructure, while maintaining compliance and control. All IT Industry White Papers | Webcasts