CIO - For Greg Gianforte and his colleagues at Bozeman, MT, based RightNow Technologies, Inc., customer relationship management is so, well, yesterday. The key focus for companies today, Gianforte told IDG Enterprise Chief Content Officer John Gallant in this installment of the IDGE CEO Interview Series, is dramatically improving the 'customer experience' in all the places consumers touch organizations -- from the Web to the call center.
Gianforte committed to the cloud delivery model early in the game, but he's an outspoken critic of how many software-as-a-service (SaaS) vendors deal with customers and his firm is pioneering contract terms that make it easier for customers to pilot and expand their use of RightNow's customer experience suite with less risk and expense. In this discussion, he lays out how a customer-experience centered approach to business can change your company and what questions IT leaders should be asking their cloud providers today.
To continue reading, register here to become an Insider
It's FREE to join
- Unisys going on offense in server and security markets
- VMware CEO talks software-defined data centers, OpenStack and dueling Amazon
- AirWatch CEO: We'll be the breakout market leader in mobile management
- eBay's CIO Succeeds by Innovating and 'Connecting the Dots'
- BroadSoft CEO: Here's why communications is moving to the cloud
- Citrix: What kind of company is it anyway?
- Juniper CEO Johnson talks software, the company's recent challenges and key future directions
- Cloudera CEO: We're taking Hadoop beyond MapReduce
- Q&A: Lenovo's U.S. chief details enterprise strategy, explains PC maker's rapid growth
- Virtual Instruments CEO: We're the bridge between physical and virtual
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Future Focus: What's Coming in Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) Find out why Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solutions that are truly future-ready must be designed to enable Machine-to-Machine (M2M) capabilities and much more.
- The CIO's Guide to Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) This guide will help those making an EMM platform decision make the best choice for their organization.
- Yankee Group: BlackBerry Results Refute Rumors of its Demise Yankee Group: BlackBerry® is stronger than the press makes it out to be.
- Your New EMM Platform: How to Streamline the Migration Smartphone migration can be resource-intensive and challenging. Find out how outsourcing the process can save significant time and money.
- Live Webcast Increasing the Value of Your Reports and Dashboards Learn how incorporating other analytical capabilities such as predictive modeling and visualization can increase the value of your reports and dashboards by providing...
- Testimonial: Cystic Fibrosis Trust Peter Hawkins, the Head of IT for Cystic Fibrosis Trust, discusses the role CommVault's Simpana software platform plays in improving the company's information...
- Increasing the Value of Your Reports and Dashboards Learn how incorporating other analytical capabilities such as predictive modeling and visualization can increase the value of your reports and dashboards by providing... All Management White Papers | Webcasts