CIO - For Greg Gianforte and his colleagues at Bozeman, MT, based RightNow Technologies, Inc., customer relationship management is so, well, yesterday. The key focus for companies today, Gianforte told IDG Enterprise Chief Content Officer John Gallant in this installment of the IDGE CEO Interview Series, is dramatically improving the 'customer experience' in all the places consumers touch organizations -- from the Web to the call center.
Gianforte committed to the cloud delivery model early in the game, but he's an outspoken critic of how many software-as-a-service (SaaS) vendors deal with customers and his firm is pioneering contract terms that make it easier for customers to pilot and expand their use of RightNow's customer experience suite with less risk and expense. In this discussion, he lays out how a customer-experience centered approach to business can change your company and what questions IT leaders should be asking their cloud providers today.
To continue reading, register here to become an Insider
It's FREE to join
- Unisys going on offense in server and security markets
- VMware CEO talks software-defined data centers, OpenStack and dueling Amazon
- AirWatch CEO: We'll be the breakout market leader in mobile management
- eBay's CIO Succeeds by Innovating and 'Connecting the Dots'
- BroadSoft CEO: Here's why communications is moving to the cloud
- Citrix: What kind of company is it anyway?
- Juniper CEO Johnson talks software, the company's recent challenges and key future directions
- Cloudera CEO: We're taking Hadoop beyond MapReduce
- Q&A: Lenovo's U.S. chief details enterprise strategy, explains PC maker's rapid growth
- Virtual Instruments CEO: We're the bridge between physical and virtual
- Mobile First: Securing Information Sprawl Learn how the partnership between Box and MobileIron can help you execute a "mobile first" strategy that manages and secures both mobile apps...
- AIIM Trendscape: The New Mobile Reality This AIIM Trendscape report shares data, expert opinions, and a unique perspective on the impact of cloud and mobility in the enterprise, surfacing...
- Empowering Your Mobile Workers A modern mobile IT strategy is no longer an option, it is an absolute necessity. Here's how some of the nation's most progressive...
- Mobile Content, Collaboration & IDC's 3rd IT Platform: The Next Frontier for the Mobile Enterprise IDC focuses this article on talks about the new IT platform. This 3rd IT Platform will be the new wave for about the...
- On Demand: Mastering the Art of Mobile Content Management Mobile device usage in the enterprise has skyrocketed, and it continues to escalate. IT must answer to users who demand access to their...
- What should I look for in a Next Generation Firewall? SANS Provides Guidance With so many vendors claiming to have a Next Generation Firewall (NGFW), it can be difficult to tell what makes each one different.... All Management White Papers | Webcasts