Barracuda doubles capacity of cloud storage, retains pricing
Cloud storage capacity increases from 100GB to 200GB
Computerworld - Barracuda Networks Inc. today announced it has doubled the capacity available to customers of its backup service while keeping the price the same.
The new cloud storage offering includes 200GB of storage for $50 per month, which works out to 25 cents per gigabyte. That storage includes unlimited backup and restore bandwidth.
"Data usage is increasing quickly, while IT budgets are falling under considerable pressure," said Guy Suter, general manager of the Barracuda Backup Service. "We make the choice simple for customers transitioning from old tapes to modern backup technology by doubling the cloud storage available for the same low cost."
Until now, Barracuda offered 100GB of storage for $50 a month.
The Barracuda Backup Server provides local backups and disaster recovery replication to cloud storage or across private networks. The service also utilizes inline data de-duplication. Server and application data is protected through included backup software with no per-server or application licensing fees.
The cloud storage service stores de-duplicated user data at two locations in addition to a third copy at the customer's own site.
The Barracuda Backup Service includes a one-time hardware purchase of a Barracuda Backup Server, priced from $999, with an Energize Updates subscription, priced from $199 per year. Additional cloud storage service can be added in 200GB increments.
Lucas Mearian covers storage, disaster recovery and business continuity, financial services infrastructure and health care IT for Computerworld. Follow Lucas on Twitter at @lucasmearian or subscribe to Lucas's RSS feed . His e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more about Cloud Storage in Computerworld's Cloud Storage Topic Center.
- 5 Ways Dropbox for Business Keeps Your Data Protected Protecting your data isn't a feature on a checklist, something to be tacked on as an afterthought. Download here to find out how...
- Evaluating File Sync and Share Solutions: 12 Questions to Ask about Security File sync and share can increase productivity, but how do you pick a solution that works for you? Download to learn some important...
- Top Five Reasons Why Customers Deploy a Flash 1st Strategy on EMC VNX Storage Read why with a FLASH 1st strategy, customers don't need to compromise between performance and TCO.
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Cloud Backup IT departments are embracing cloud backup, but there's a lot you need to know before choosing a service provider. Learn all the critical...
- Pivotal CF: The Journey to Great Software Begins Here The concept of PaaS is not new, but a new class is emerging. This second generation of hybrid PaaS allows technologists to have...
- NSS Labs & Cisco Present: Evaluating Leading Breach Detection Systems Today's constantly evolving advanced malware and APTs can evade point-in-time defenses to penetrate networks. Security professionals must evolve their strategy in lockstep to... All Cloud Storage White Papers | Webcasts