Barracuda doubles capacity of cloud storage, retains pricing
Cloud storage capacity increases from 100GB to 200GB
Computerworld - Barracuda Networks Inc. today announced it has doubled the capacity available to customers of its backup service while keeping the price the same.
The new cloud storage offering includes 200GB of storage for $50 per month, which works out to 25 cents per gigabyte. That storage includes unlimited backup and restore bandwidth.
"Data usage is increasing quickly, while IT budgets are falling under considerable pressure," said Guy Suter, general manager of the Barracuda Backup Service. "We make the choice simple for customers transitioning from old tapes to modern backup technology by doubling the cloud storage available for the same low cost."
Until now, Barracuda offered 100GB of storage for $50 a month.
The Barracuda Backup Server provides local backups and disaster recovery replication to cloud storage or across private networks. The service also utilizes inline data de-duplication. Server and application data is protected through included backup software with no per-server or application licensing fees.
The cloud storage service stores de-duplicated user data at two locations in addition to a third copy at the customer's own site.
The Barracuda Backup Service includes a one-time hardware purchase of a Barracuda Backup Server, priced from $999, with an Energize Updates subscription, priced from $199 per year. Additional cloud storage service can be added in 200GB increments.
Lucas Mearian covers storage, disaster recovery and business continuity, financial services infrastructure and health care IT for Computerworld. Follow Lucas on Twitter at @lucasmearian or subscribe to Lucas's RSS feed . His e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more about Cloud Storage in Computerworld's Cloud Storage Topic Center.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- ESG: The IBM FlashSystem 840: Technical Evolution to Deliver Business Value In this whitepaper, you will learn how this high-speed storage technology has tremendous potential to support I/O-intensive and/or latency-sensitive applications.
- Pay-as-you-Grow Data Protection: IBM Tivoli's Full-featured Data Protection Suite for Small to Medium Businesses IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Suite for Unified Recovery gives small and medium businesses the opportunity to start out with only the individual solutions...
- Streamline Data Protection with IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Operations Center IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) has been an industry-standard data protection solution for two decades. But, where most competitors focus exclusively on Backup...
- Simplify and Consolidate Data Protection for Better Business Results Learn about IBM® Tivoli® Storage Manager Operations Center, which provides advanced visualization, built-in analytics and integrated workflow automation features that leapfrog traditional backup...
- Meg Whitman presents Unlocking IT with Big Data During this Web Event you will hear Meg Whitman, President and CEO, HP discuss HAVEn - the #1 Big Data platform, as well...
- The New Way to Work Knowledge Vault This Knowledge Vault focuses on how, in today's increasingly virtual world, it's more important than ever to engage deeply with employees, suppliers, partners,... All Cloud Storage White Papers | Webcasts