IDG News Service - Skype's Internet phone and video chat application for Apple's iPad was available late Monday, but was quickly pulled from Apple's online stores. Skype said in a Twitter message that it had gone live prematurely.
It is not clear when Skype on iPad, which was reported to go live over a month ago, will now be available. A video of the application running on the iPad was posted online in June.
In a June interview with Apple blog TUAW, Skype's vice president of consumer and product design, Rick Osterloh said the iPad version will have chat, audio and video calling. A few features in the PC/Mac app such as file sharing did not make it into the iPad version because of the way it handles files, he added.
Microsoft said in May that it had agreed to acquire Skype in an $8.5 billion deal. It said it would continue to support Skype's product on rival platforms. Versions of the Skype application are already available on a variety of platforms including the Mac and iPhone.
- Use the Mobile App Mix to Choose an Enterprise App Store Strategy In this research report Gartner outlines how organizations can optimally secure, distribute, and manage mobile applications for employees and contracted workers.
- The Case for Mobile Apps Today's mobile apps turn handheld devices into e-book readers, portable navigation systems, digital wallets and more. And for organizations with mobile workers, they...
- The 5 Big Lies About Going Mobile You've heard about the power of mobile to change your business. But have you realized your mobile potential? It's about much more than...
- Transforming enterprise applications for mobile environments This new white paper explains how Dell Application Modernization and Development Solution Set can help you understand when to develop new mobile apps,...
- On-demand webinar - 7 Keys to Service Catalog Implementation Success Watch this webinar to learn 7 crucial keys to make your service catalog a success!
- Transform Your IT Service Management Watch this webinar, to learn how EasyVista can increase IT productivity & efficiency and deliver streamlined & integrated IT Service & Asset Mgmt. All Mobile Apps White Papers | Webcasts
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!