IDG News Service - Oracle is planning to issue 78 patches covering a number of its software products on Tuesday, including 13 fixes for its flagship database, according to a statement posted to its website on Thursday.
The database patches cover a number of database editions, including 11g R1 and R2, as well as 10G R1 and R2. Two of the vulnerabilities can be exploited over a network without login credentials.
Another three patches cover Oracle's Secure Backup product, all of which can be exploited remotely without authentication.
Oracle plans to issue seven patches for various modules in its Fusion Middleware line, while Enterprise Manager Grid Control will get 18 fixes.
E-Business Suite and Oracle's supply chain products will get one patch each, while a dozen are scheduled to be released for PeopleSoft.
Oracle is also rolling out 23 patches for products gained through the acquisition of Sun Microsystems, including GlassFish Server, VirtualBox, Solaris, SPARC Enterprise M Series and SPARC T3 series. Nine of the weaknesses can be exploited over a network without requiring a username or password, Oracle said.
The patch batch scheduled for Tuesday is roughly the same size as the previous update in April, which included 73 fixes. Oracle has been issuing patches for Java SE on separate dates, with the most recent set arriving last month.
Chris Kanaracus covers enterprise software and general technology breaking news for The IDG News Service. Chris's e-mail address is Chris_Kanaracus@idg.com
- 2014 Gartner Magic Quadrant Report For the 7th year in a row, Riverbed is in the "Leaders" Quadrant of the 2014 Magic Quadrant for WAN Optimization Controllers. In...
- Improving Business Value of WAN Optimization Want to achieve faster ROI with WAN optimization? Read the latest IDC report and discover how you can cut IT costs without compromising...
- IDC ROI Infographic Trends such as evolving communication patterns, connection types, applications and bandwidth can have an impact on enterprise organizations. Learn how IT organizations can...
- Riverbed Optimization System: Technical Overview View now>>
- Top 4 Digital Signage Fails Join RMG Networks for a look at four of the most common reasons digital signage fails in corporate businesses. Learn about strategies to...
- Why do you need an enterprise mobile platform? Today companies must offer great apps that run on a range of devices, and connect to an exploding set of backend data. Appcelerator... All Applications White Papers | Webcasts