IDG News Service - Hewlett-Packard announced its "most compact" multifunction laser printer, which prints documents from smartphones and tablets, the company said Tuesday.
The HP LaserJet Pro 100 MFP M175NW multifunction color printer is priced at $349 and aimed at personal use and small and medium-size businesses, the company said in a statement. Users will be able to remotely print documents from select mobile devices through HP's mobile printing service called ePrint.
With ePrint, users can securely print documents from compatible printers that are nearby or at remote locations such as hotels, airports or libraries. HP has already enabled ePrint capabilities on mobile devices like its Palm or Research In Motion's BlackBerry smartphones. IPhone and iPad users can also wirelessly print documents directly on HP printers.
Documents can also be printed on compatible HP printers from Google's cloud-based Gmail and Google Docs applications with ePrint extensions. An e-mail address of an HP ePrint-enabled printer needs be added to a unique Google account tied to a smartphone or tablet. Multiple printers can be tied to one Google account and users will be able to select the printer.
The printer can print up to four color pages and 16 black-and-white pages per minute, according to product specifications on the company's website. The scanner can capture images at 1200 dots per inch (dpi) resolution. The printer has USB 2.0 and Ethernet ports and Wi-Fi capabilities.
The company did not immediately return requests for comment on worldwide availability. The printer is listed for availability on a few retail sites such as OfficeMax.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- 4 Customers who never have to refresh their PCs again This paper illustrates a common theme: the combination of desktop virtualization and thin client computing helps organizations deliver an up-to-date user experience more...
- Mobile Devices: The New Thin Clients Get essential guidance for understanding the role thin clients plus virtual desktops play in the enterprise today.
- Taking Windows Mobile on Any Device Taking Windows applications mobile has many advantages, but the process of identifying a solution is complex. Learn how to solve this complex problem...
- PaaS - Powering a New Era of Business IT Why PaaS has suddenly become relevant and irresistible to many organizations. Dive into the opportunities and considerations associated with using PaaS from an...
- Redefine Your IT Operations: Remote Office IT Has Never Been Simpler Join us to see why PC Pro named Dell PowerEdge VRTX the "2013 Server of the Year." PowerEdge VRTX may be just what...
- Meg Whitman presents Unlocking IT with Big Data During this Web Event you will hear Meg Whitman, President and CEO, HP discuss HAVEn - the #1 Big Data platform, as well... All Hardware White Papers | Webcasts