IDG News Service - Google is tying its Analytics and Webmaster Tools applications more closely together in an effort to give Web publishers a joint view of internal site traffic and search engine optimization (SEO) data.
Web publishers can apply to participate in a test run of the linked tools.
This initial integration attempt will surface some Webmaster Tools data in the Analytics interface, such as the number of Google search queries and the query terms that returned pages from the publisher's site, as well as the number of times and the rate at which users clicked to the site from Google results.
"It's great to see that Google will merge data across the platforms with an integration," he said via e-mail.
In addition, Web publishers will be able to slice-and-dice the SEO data and create graphs using Analytics tools. "For example, you can filter for queries that had more than 100 clicks and see a chart for how much each of those queries contributed to your overall clicks from top queries," wrote Christina Chen and Torrey Hoffman from Google's Webmaster Tools group in a blog post on Tuesday.
While Webmaster Tools data focuses on how a site's pages perform in Google search results, Analytics tracks users' activities within the site. Having a combined view of both sets of data has been a popular request.
"We've heard from many of you that an integration between Webmaster Tools and Google Analytics is at the top of your wishlists," wrote Trevor Claiborne, from the Google Analytics group in another blog post.
Didit's Lee said that meshing the data from the two applications will make life easier for webmasters.
"Combining the data will give webmasters even more insight into what happened and what to change to have more positive outcomes and less negative ones," he said.
- Social Media Education: The New Edge for Success Failure to train for social media will cost your business money. A recent report showed how digitally prepared companies can unlock up to...
- Social Media in Technology: A Unified Strategy for Success Find out how social media is sparking a new era of customer and industry-understanding in technology enterprises and how industry leaders are overcoming...
- Printer Installer: Eliminating Print Servers Printer Installer is an on-premise web application that enables you to centrally manage and deploy Windows shared or direct iP printers.
- How Network Connections Drive Web Application Performance Users around the globe, on all sorts of devices, expect Web applications to function as seamlessly as desktop applications. This paper discusses the...
- IBM FlashSystem V840: Leveraging Software-Defined Flash to Drive Your Business With end-to-end, tightly integrated functionality and super-fast flash technology, products like IBM FlashSystem V840 Enterprise Performance Solution empower businesses to leverage the efficiency...
- Leveraging Flash Storage to Accelerate Oracle Real Application Clusters Join this webinar to understand the latest solid-state storage trends, the specific applications driving solid-state storage deployments and the benefits of deploying the... All Internet White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!