Sony to restore all PlayStation Network services Thursday
IDG News Service - Sony will fully restore PlayStation Network services Thursday in all regions other than in Japan, Hong Kong and South Korea, the company said.
Sony also said it will resume Music Unlimited on its Qriocity service for PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, Vaio laptops, and other PCs.
Sony announced on Tuesday the restoration of these services by this weekend, but did not specify a date.
The details for the restoration in Japan, Hong Kong and South Korea as well as for the remaining services on Qriocity will be made as they become available, Sony said again on Thursday.
Sony cut off its PlayStation Network and Qriocity service on April 20, a day after detecting what it later called a "very sophisticated" intrusion. The cyber attacks exposed personal data of about 77 million users.
The first phase of PlayStation Network and Qriocity restoration began on May 15 in the Americas, Europe, and some other countries, followed last Saturday by Japan and some Asian countries, Sony said earlier this week.
The company is planning a "Welcome Back" package of services and "premium content" to all registered PlayStation Network and Qriocity users. In a bid to placate customers, Sony has already offered freebies such as free video games and movies. It also offered free identity-theft protection services in the U.S. last week. The details of the Welcome Back program will be announced from each region, Sony said.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Mobile Policy Checklist Here's what to consider when putting together a mobile policy designed to support a highly productive workforce.
- Securing BYOD Mobile computing is becoming so ubiquitous that people no longer bat an eye seeing someone working two devices simultaneously. Individuals and organizations are...
- Gartner Report: A Guide to Gartner's Enterprise Mobile Security Self-Assessment Gartner introduces a model and a Toolkit intended to help mobility and security IT leaders assess their enterprise mobility programs from a security...
- Gartner Report: Containing Mobile Security Risks With the 80/20 Rule IT planners can deliver better mobile protection with higher user satisfaction by segmenting users into risk groups before committing to specific management or...
- Live Webcast On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy...
- Live Webcast Endpoint Backup & Restore: Protect Everyone, Everywhere Arek Sokol from the bleeding-edge IT team at Genentech/Roche explains how he leverages cross-platform enterprise endpoint backup in the public cloud as part...
- Streamline Software Asset Management, Compose a software Management Symphony Keeping track of your organization's software is easy with effective software management solutions from CDW. View the videos in our software solutions channel
- Druva inSync: Endpoint Data Protection & Governance CLICK HERE to watch this video about protecting corporate data on laptops and mobile devices, sponsored by Druva. All Security White Papers | Webcasts