Sony to restore all PlayStation Network services Thursday
IDG News Service - Sony will fully restore PlayStation Network services Thursday in all regions other than in Japan, Hong Kong and South Korea, the company said.
Sony also said it will resume Music Unlimited on its Qriocity service for PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, Vaio laptops, and other PCs.
Sony announced on Tuesday the restoration of these services by this weekend, but did not specify a date.
The details for the restoration in Japan, Hong Kong and South Korea as well as for the remaining services on Qriocity will be made as they become available, Sony said again on Thursday.
Sony cut off its PlayStation Network and Qriocity service on April 20, a day after detecting what it later called a "very sophisticated" intrusion. The cyber attacks exposed personal data of about 77 million users.
The first phase of PlayStation Network and Qriocity restoration began on May 15 in the Americas, Europe, and some other countries, followed last Saturday by Japan and some Asian countries, Sony said earlier this week.
The company is planning a "Welcome Back" package of services and "premium content" to all registered PlayStation Network and Qriocity users. In a bid to placate customers, Sony has already offered freebies such as free video games and movies. It also offered free identity-theft protection services in the U.S. last week. The details of the Welcome Back program will be announced from each region, Sony said.
- The Truth About Cloud Security "Security" is the number one issue holding business leaders back from the cloud. But does the reality match the perception?
- Enable secure remote access to 3D data without sacrificing visual perfomance Design and manufacturing companies must adapt quickly to the demands of an increasingly global and competitive economy. To speed time to market for...
- Virtually Delivered High Performance 3D Graphics "A picture is worth a thousand words." That old phrase is as true today as it ever was. Pictures (i.e., those with heavy...
- Best Practices for Securing Hadoop Historically, Apache Hadoop has provided limited security capabilities. To protect sensitive data being stored and analyzed in Hadoop, security architects should use a...
- What should I look for in a Next Generation Firewall? SANS Provides Guidance With so many vendors claiming to have a Next Generation Firewall (NGFW), it can be difficult to tell what makes each one different....
- Responding to New SSL Cybersecurity Threat The featured Gartner research examines current strategies to address new SSL cybersecurity threats and vulnerabilities. All Security White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!