Yahoo email suffers partial outage
Yahoo confirms on Twitter that some users were without email Thursday
Computerworld - Yahoo's email service was struggling Thursday, and users around the globe were complaining that they hadn't had access for most of the day.
It's not yet clear when the service started to stagger or how many of Yahoo's users have been affected. However, Yahoo confirmed via Twitter that there is a problem.
"We are aware that we have experienced an outage, and we are working to address the issue," Yahoo tweeted on its @Yahoo account. "We appreciate your patience."
While some users seemed fairly patient about the inconvenience, others sounded a bit more frustrated when they took to Twitter to vent about the outage of their free email service.
"It's been a full day with no yahoo email. Error 15... and Error 17. What's up?!? @yahoo #yahoocare," tweeted someone using the handle @tmgoodwin.
And someone identified as @christaylor_nyc tweeted, "Yahoo Mail down, again. Why do you make it so hard to love you?"
Sharon Gaudin covers the Internet and Web 2.0, emerging technologies, and desktop and laptop chips for Computerworld. Follow Sharon on Twitter at @sgaudin, or subscribe to Sharon's RSS feed . Her email address is email@example.com.
Read more about Networking in Computerworld's Networking Topic Center.
- How WAN Optimization Helps Enterprises Reduce Costs If you wanted to break down innovation into a tidy equation, it might go something like this: Technology + Connectivity = Productivity. Productivity...
- Four Little-Known Ways WAN Optimization Can Benefit Your Organization WAN optimization has evolved into a complete system that optimizes traffic across a broad range of most popular applications while providing deep visibility...
- SharePlan Security SharePlan is a continuous, secure, enterprise-ready file sync and share platform that facilitates smart, real-time collaboration across all devices.
- Three Ways Your DNS Can Impact DDoS Attacks Domain Name System (DNS) plays a big role in consumers' day-to-day Internet usage and is a critical factor when it comes to distributed...
- Online Video and Web Traffic: Sochi 2014 Winter Olympic Games Over 25 leading global broadcasters worked with Akamai to deliver the action, excitement and inspiration of Sochi because they understand online viewers expect...
- Video surveillance for IT: maximum image quality, minimum bandwidth Join us on Thursday, May 8th at 1 p.m. EST when Willem Ryan, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Avigilon, will discuss how IT... All Networking White Papers | Webcasts