Yahoo email suffers partial outage
Yahoo confirms on Twitter that some users were without email Thursday
Computerworld - Yahoo's email service was struggling Thursday, and users around the globe were complaining that they hadn't had access for most of the day.
It's not yet clear when the service started to stagger or how many of Yahoo's users have been affected. However, Yahoo confirmed via Twitter that there is a problem.
"We are aware that we have experienced an outage, and we are working to address the issue," Yahoo tweeted on its @Yahoo account. "We appreciate your patience."
While some users seemed fairly patient about the inconvenience, others sounded a bit more frustrated when they took to Twitter to vent about the outage of their free email service.
"It's been a full day with no yahoo email. Error 15... and Error 17. What's up?!? @yahoo #yahoocare," tweeted someone using the handle @tmgoodwin.
And someone identified as @christaylor_nyc tweeted, "Yahoo Mail down, again. Why do you make it so hard to love you?"
Sharon Gaudin covers the Internet and Web 2.0, emerging technologies, and desktop and laptop chips for Computerworld. Follow Sharon on Twitter at @sgaudin, or subscribe to Sharon's RSS feed . Her email address is email@example.com.
Read more about Networking in Computerworld's Networking Topic Center.
- Best iPhone, iPad Business Apps for 2014
- 14 Tech Conventions You Should Attend in 2014
- 10 Desktop Apps to Power Your Windows PC
- How to Add New Job Skills Without Going Back to School
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- What Datapipe customers need to know about the new PCI DSS 3.0 compliance standard This handy quick reference outlines what PCI DSS 3.0 is, who needs to be compliant and how Alert Logic solutions address the new...
- Defense Throughout the Vulnerability Life Cycle This whitepaper provides insight into how to leverage threat and log management technologies to protect your IT assets throughout their vulnerability life cycle.
- The Critical Role of Support in Your Enterprise Mobility Management Strategy Most business leaders underestimate the importance of tech support when they choose an EMM solution. Here's what to put on your checklist.
- Separating Work and Personal at the Platform Level: How BlackBerry Balance Works BlackBerry® Balance™ separates work from personal on the same mobile device, right at a platform level. Find out how it can work for...
- Live Webcast Best Practices for the Hyperconverged Enterprise Network To the Age of Constant Connectivity and Information overload
- Getting Ready for BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10.2 Find out how BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10 helps organizations address the full spectrum of EMM challenges, while balancing the needs of both the...
- Containerization Options: How to Choose the Best DLP Solution for Your Organization This webcast outlines a framework for making the right choice when it comes to containerization approaches, along with the pros and cons of... All Networking White Papers | Webcasts