CIO - According to Gartner Group, the business intelligence market is in the midst of a massive bifurcation, splitting into two camps of traditional BI solutions - sold by the IBMs, Oracles and SAPs of the technology world - and the so-called data discovery platform providers led by QlikTech International AB, which was founded in Sweden and is headquartered in Radnor, PA. QlikTech CEO Lars Bjork sees his traditional BI rivals as slow to change and inflexible, and he's trying to empower tech-savvy business users to mine their own insights and ideas from corporate data.
In this installment of the IDG Enterprise CEO Interview Series, Bjork talked with IDGE Chief Content Officer John Gallant about making BI more relevant for more employees and why QlikTech isn't trying to bypass IT - the buyer of traditional BI solutions. He also talked about how QlikTech's tools enabled police to quickly snag a sniper and could help you win your fantasy football league.
To continue reading, register here to become an Insider
It's FREE to join
- 2014 Gartner Magic Quadrant Report For the 7th year in a row, Riverbed is in the "Leaders" Quadrant of the 2014 Magic Quadrant for WAN Optimization Controllers. In...
- Improving Business Value of WAN Optimization Want to achieve faster ROI with WAN optimization? Read the latest IDC report and discover how you can cut IT costs without compromising...
- IDC ROI Infographic Trends such as evolving communication patterns, connection types, applications and bandwidth can have an impact on enterprise organizations. Learn how IT organizations can...
- Riverbed Optimization System: Technical Overview View now>>
- Transform Your IT Service Management Watch this webinar, to learn how EasyVista can increase IT productivity & efficiency and deliver streamlined & integrated IT Service & Asset Mgmt.
- Top 4 Digital Signage Fails Join RMG Networks for a look at four of the most common reasons digital signage fails in corporate businesses. Learn about strategies to... All Applications White Papers | Webcasts