CIO - According to Gartner Group, the business intelligence market is in the midst of a massive bifurcation, splitting into two camps of traditional BI solutions - sold by the IBMs, Oracles and SAPs of the technology world - and the so-called data discovery platform providers led by QlikTech International AB, which was founded in Sweden and is headquartered in Radnor, PA. QlikTech CEO Lars Bjork sees his traditional BI rivals as slow to change and inflexible, and he's trying to empower tech-savvy business users to mine their own insights and ideas from corporate data.
In this installment of the IDG Enterprise CEO Interview Series, Bjork talked with IDGE Chief Content Officer John Gallant about making BI more relevant for more employees and why QlikTech isn't trying to bypass IT - the buyer of traditional BI solutions. He also talked about how QlikTech's tools enabled police to quickly snag a sniper and could help you win your fantasy football league.
To continue reading, register here to become an Insider
It's FREE to join
- The Shortfall of Network Load Balancing Applications running across networks encounter a wide range of performance, security, and availability challenges as IT department strive to deliver fast, secure access...
- Leave No App Behind with Software Defined Application Services F5 Software Defined Application Services (SDAS) is the next-generation model for delivering application services that enables service injection, consumption, automation, and orchestration across...
- The ADC's Role in the New Network Infrastructure Cloud computing and the BYOD trend will impact the design of future datacenters and their supporting networks. As these trends continue, application delivery...
- Three Key Principles to Accelerating Web Applications Read this article to learn more about the essential principles driving web application acceleration technologies today.
- Transform Your IT Service Management Watch this webinar, to learn how EasyVista can increase IT productivity & efficiency and deliver streamlined & integrated IT Service & Asset Mgmt.
- Top 4 Digital Signage Fails Join RMG Networks for a look at four of the most common reasons digital signage fails in corporate businesses. Learn about strategies to... All Applications White Papers | Webcasts