IDG News Service - Mich Mathews, head of Microsoft marketing, has stepped down after 18 years of employment, the trade paper Ad Age reported Wednesday.
She plans to leave within the next five months and will help Microsoft's Chief Operating Officer Kevin Turner and CEO Steve Ballmer find her replacement.
"Frankly it's time to do something new," she told the trade paper.
As the senior vice president for the Microsoft's Central Marketing Group, Mathews managed the company's marketing efforts, overseeing the company's branding, advertising, public relations, research, events, packaging, relationship marketing and internal communications functions.
Mathews worked up through the ranks of Microsoft's communication team. She began consulting for the company's U.K. branch in 1989, and joined the company in 1993, to lead corporate public relations. In 2009, Ad Age included her in a compilation of the world's most influential marketing executives, citing her work with the Bing search engine and the "I'm a PC" ad campaign.
Microsoft did not immediately respond to requests for comment.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- SDCRAA Case Study: Adapting ERP to business needs This case study goes in depth about San Diego County Regional Airport Authority's created flexibility for a changing industry.
- Pay-as-you-Grow Data Protection: IBM Tivoli's Full-featured Data Protection Suite for Small to Medium Businesses IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Suite for Unified Recovery gives small and medium businesses the opportunity to start out with only the individual solutions...
- Streamline Data Protection with IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Operations Center IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) has been an industry-standard data protection solution for two decades. But, where most competitors focus exclusively on Backup...
- Simplify and Consolidate Data Protection for Better Business Results Learn about IBM® Tivoli® Storage Manager Operations Center, which provides advanced visualization, built-in analytics and integrated workflow automation features that leapfrog traditional backup...
- Meg Whitman presents Unlocking IT with Big Data During this Web Event you will hear Meg Whitman, President and CEO, HP discuss HAVEn - the #1 Big Data platform, as well...
- The New Way to Work Knowledge Vault This Knowledge Vault focuses on how, in today's increasingly virtual world, it's more important than ever to engage deeply with employees, suppliers, partners,... All IT Careers White Papers | Webcasts