IDG News Service - Mich Mathews, head of Microsoft marketing, has stepped down after 18 years of employment, the trade paper Ad Age reported Wednesday.
She plans to leave within the next five months and will help Microsoft's Chief Operating Officer Kevin Turner and CEO Steve Ballmer find her replacement.
"Frankly it's time to do something new," she told the trade paper.
As the senior vice president for the Microsoft's Central Marketing Group, Mathews managed the company's marketing efforts, overseeing the company's branding, advertising, public relations, research, events, packaging, relationship marketing and internal communications functions.
Mathews worked up through the ranks of Microsoft's communication team. She began consulting for the company's U.K. branch in 1989, and joined the company in 1993, to lead corporate public relations. In 2009, Ad Age included her in a compilation of the world's most influential marketing executives, citing her work with the Bing search engine and the "I'm a PC" ad campaign.
Microsoft did not immediately respond to requests for comment.
- The New IT Explore enhanced productivity for IT staff, and seamless integration across IT operation management systems. Download now.
- Capabilities You Need in an IP Address Management Solution A mismanaged IP space can cripple an otherwise healthy network. Take a moment to understand what you need in an enterprise-ready IPAM solution.
- IPv6 Fundamentals IPv6 is needed to sustain the growth of the Internet. The transition from IPv4 will require planning and likely some degree of support...
- Optimize IT Performance & Availability: Four Steps to Establish Effective IT Management Baselines More than ever before, your company's ability to grow hinges on IT performance and availability. Download this how-to report on establishing IT baselines,...
- Bringing software licenses into compliance A hospital group received a software license audit, so they called in CDW to help define and manage their software licensing status.
- Maximizing Availability for the Modern Data Center Check out this information-packed resource center for help in maximizing the availability of your data center - from overcoming challenges to choosing the... All IT Careers White Papers | Webcasts
Our 28th annual survey results show which IT skills are in high demand and which are cooling off. Also, see how your salary stacks up to peers' with our Smart Salary Tool.