Al Sacco: Microsoft, RIM to announce free hosted BES product?
Users of Microsoft's Exchange Online 2010 hosted e-mail service could soon get a free BlackBerry offering.
CIO - BlackBerry-maker Research In Motion and software giant Microsoft are expected this week to announce a free version of Microsoft's hosted BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) for Exchange Online-hosted e-mail customers.
The hosted BES product itself is not new, but the free pricing would be; BES for Microsoft Exchange Online currently costs $10 per month, according to a post on ZDNet.com, but it will reportedly soon be free to Microsoft's Exchange 2010 Online customers, at least for the time being.
Exchange 2010 Online is Microsoft's hosted Exchange e-mail offering, and the BES product enables users to employ BlackBerry smartphones for on-the-go access to Exchange e-mail, calendar and tasks. And admistrators get RIM's industry-lauded BlackBerry security and device management features.
Few additional details are available, but RIM has scheduled a "BlackBerry for Business" media webcast for 2 p.m. EST Thursday, during which time the product will likely be officially announced, along with more specifics.
I'll be sitting in on the webcast, and I'll post any additional noteworthy details on the free hosted BES for Microsoft Exchange Online 2010 ASAP, assuming the webcast proves to be related to this rumored announcement.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- HP HAVEn: See the big picture in Big Data HP HAVEn is the industry's first comprehensive, scalable, open, and secure platform for Big Data. Enterprises are drowning in a sea of data...
- What Datapipe customers need to know about the new PCI DSS 3.0 compliance standard This handy quick reference outlines what PCI DSS 3.0 is, who needs to be compliant and how Alert Logic solutions address the new...
- The 12 PCI DSS 3.0 requirements addressed by Peer 1 Hosting This handy quick reference outlines the 12 PCI DSS 3.0 requirements, who needs to be compliant and how Alert Logic solutions address the...
- Defense Throughout the Vulnerability Life Cycle This whitepaper provides insight into how to leverage threat and log management technologies to protect your IT assets throughout their vulnerability life cycle.
- Meg Whitman presents Unlocking IT with Big Data During this Web Event you will hear Meg Whitman, President and CEO, HP discuss HAVEn - the #1 Big Data platform, as well...
- The New Way to Work Knowledge Vault This Knowledge Vault focuses on how, in today's increasingly virtual world, it's more important than ever to engage deeply with employees, suppliers, partners,... All Smartphones White Papers | Webcasts