LinkedIn search: Ways to maximize social networking success
CIO - LinkedIn is widely regarded as the social network for business professionals, but at its core, says Brad Mauney, product manager for search and cloud at LinkedIn, it's a search company.
"We see two major types of use cases for search on our site: navigational search, such as someone who just joined a company or met someone at a conference who wants to add them to their network; and searching for people that match a set of criteria, such as location, company, industry, or some combination of that," he says.
Lately, LinkedIn has focused its site updates on making these types of search features more user-friendly and comprehensive. In February, for example, LinkedIn revamped Company Search and added filters to help users find more targeted results.
To continue reading, register here to become an Insider
It's FREE to join
- Aberdeen Group: Marketing Analytics for Manufacturing: Forging Customer Insights There are no recalls for poor marketing. Manufacturers need to get their customer intelligence and messaging right the first time. Learn how.
- The Brave New World of Customer-Centric Manufacturing The Unique Opportunity for Manufacturers to Better Understand their Consumers
- See the Possibilities Utilizing Data Visualization Do you simply want to collect data, or do you want to derive business insights from it? What if you could quickly and...
- SANS: Next-Generation Datacenters = Next-Generation Security This whitepaper takes a look at some new technology that may allow security teams to implement more flexible and capable protection models in...
- Is SQL Server AlwaysOn really as powerful? Tips and Tricks from the field With the introduction of AlwaysOn, Windows Clustering Services is now more critical than ever.
- What Does it Take to Deliver a Superior Customer Experience? The Two Top-Rated Online Retailers, B&H Photo and Crutchfield Electronics, Share Their Secrets Discuss practical CX tools and service methods such as contact center agents and the use of realtime speech analytics to help contact center... All IT Industry White Papers | Webcasts