LinkedIn search: Ways to maximize social networking success
CIO - LinkedIn is widely regarded as the social network for business professionals, but at its core, says Brad Mauney, product manager for search and cloud at LinkedIn, it's a search company.
"We see two major types of use cases for search on our site: navigational search, such as someone who just joined a company or met someone at a conference who wants to add them to their network; and searching for people that match a set of criteria, such as location, company, industry, or some combination of that," he says.
Lately, LinkedIn has focused its site updates on making these types of search features more user-friendly and comprehensive. In February, for example, LinkedIn revamped Company Search and added filters to help users find more targeted results.
To continue reading, register here to become an Insider
It's FREE to join
- Aberdeen Group: Marketing Analytics for Manufacturing: Forging Customer Insights There are no recalls for poor marketing. Manufacturers need to get their customer intelligence and messaging right the first time. Learn how.
- The Brave New World of Customer-Centric Manufacturing The Unique Opportunity for Manufacturers to Better Understand their Consumers
- See the Possibilities Utilizing Data Visualization Do you simply want to collect data, or do you want to derive business insights from it? What if you could quickly and...
Changing the Way Government Works: Four Technology Trends that Drive Down Costs and Increase Productivity
This paper discusses four technology-based approaches to improving processes and increasing
productivity while driving down department and agency costs.
- Cloud Knowledge Vault Learn how your organization can benefit from the scalability, flexibility, and performance that the cloud offers through the short videos and other resources...
- LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users? All IT Industry White Papers | Webcasts