Citrix invests in personal cloud management company
IDG News Service - Citrix Systems has invested in Primadesk, a company developing a free, Web-based application to help users keep track of content stored in different cloud-based services, the company said Monday.
It is the first investment commitment made by Citrix Startup Accelerator, a seed investment initiative launched in December. Details of the amount of the investment were not announced.
Primadesk was founded in 2009. The company will demonstrate a beta version of the upcoming application on Monday that is also called Primadesk at the DEMO Spring 2011 conference in Palm Desert, Calif.
The application will allow users to search, manage and backup cloud-based services from one centralized interface, irrespective of what device is used, Primadesk said in statement.
For example, users will be able to view, send, reply to, and search across different e-mail providers and social networking sites in one place. The application will also allow users to drag and drop content -- for example, documents, e-mails and photos -- from one application or service to another, including copying documents between Google Docs and Dropbox, or photos between Picasa and Facebook, according to Primadesk.
The beta version of the application will be available in March, Primadesk said.
Send news tips and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Best iPhone, iPad Business Apps for 2014
- 14 Tech Conventions You Should Attend in 2014
- 10 Desktop Apps to Power Your Windows PC
- How to Add New Job Skills Without Going Back to School
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Building a Bridge to the Next Generation Data Center Selecting a widely adopted operating system is a foundational component of a standardization strategy.
- HP HAVEn: See the big picture in Big Data HP HAVEn is the industry's first comprehensive, scalable, open, and secure platform for Big Data. Enterprises are drowning in a sea of data...
- Piecing Together the Business Intelligence Puzzle Business intelligence (BI) technology collects and analyzes company data, delivering relevant information to corporate decision-makers in an effort to produce favorable outcomes.
- Harness IT -- An Introduction to Business Intelligence Solutions Learn the key selection criteria required to provide your organization with the capability to address structured data, unstructured data and mobile demands so...
- Cloud Knowledge Vault Learn how your organization can benefit from the scalability, flexibility, and performance that the cloud offers through the short videos and other resources...
- Testimonial: Cystic Fibrosis Trust Peter Hawkins, the Head of IT for Cystic Fibrosis Trust, discusses the role CommVault's Simpana software platform plays in improving the company's information... All Data Center White Papers | Webcasts