Citrix invests in personal cloud management company
IDG News Service - Citrix Systems has invested in Primadesk, a company developing a free, Web-based application to help users keep track of content stored in different cloud-based services, the company said Monday.
It is the first investment commitment made by Citrix Startup Accelerator, a seed investment initiative launched in December. Details of the amount of the investment were not announced.
Primadesk was founded in 2009. The company will demonstrate a beta version of the upcoming application on Monday that is also called Primadesk at the DEMO Spring 2011 conference in Palm Desert, Calif.
The application will allow users to search, manage and backup cloud-based services from one centralized interface, irrespective of what device is used, Primadesk said in statement.
For example, users will be able to view, send, reply to, and search across different e-mail providers and social networking sites in one place. The application will also allow users to drag and drop content -- for example, documents, e-mails and photos -- from one application or service to another, including copying documents between Google Docs and Dropbox, or photos between Picasa and Facebook, according to Primadesk.
The beta version of the application will be available in March, Primadesk said.
Send news tips and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Data Center Projects: Project Management The project management model described in this paper is a framework to show essential characteristics that must be considered in any implementation of...
- The Truth About Virtual Computing for CAD If you're a user of graphics-intensive software such as 3D modeling, simulation and analysis, and visualization, you might be skeptical about moving to...
- Enable secure remote access to 3D data without sacrificing visual perfomance Design and manufacturing companies must adapt quickly to the demands of an increasingly global and competitive economy. To speed time to market for...
- Magic Quadrant for Data Masking Technology IBM is a leader in Gartner Inc's Magic Quadrant for Data Masking Technology. Read the full report to learn about IBM.
- The Key to Happiness: Throw out Your Data Warehouse In this webinar, Kerry Reitnauer, Director, Solution Architect at FairPoint Communications will discuss the challenges the data warehouse brought, how they migrated to...
- Building Tomorrow's Data Center with Converged Technologies A number of forces are converging: the cloud, converged infrastructure, big data and fabric architectures to name a few. All Data Center White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!