IDG News Service - Samsung has added the Honeycomb-based Galaxy Tab 10.1 to its line-up of tablets.
The new tablet comes with a 10.1-inch LCD screen and a resolution at 1280 x 800 pixels. Under the hood, there is a 1 GHz dual-core processor.
The tablet measures 9.6 inches by 6.6 inches by 4/10 of an inch and weighs 1.3 pounds, according to a company statement. That makes it a good bit lighter than the Motorola Xoom, which also has 10.1-inch screen, is based on the tablet-optimized Honeycomb OS -- also known as Android 3.0 -- but weighs 1.6 pounds, according to a spec sheet on Motorola's website.
The back camera has an 8-megapixel resolution and LED flash and the front camera has a 2-megapixel resolution.
Users who want to watch streaming video on their tablet can access the Internet using Wi-Fi (802.11a, b, g and n) or HSPA+ (High-Speed Packet Access) at up to 21M bps (bits per second). For users to take full advantage of that speed, their mobile operator may first have to upgrade their network. Today, there are 79 commercial HSPA+ networks that can handle data speed of 21M bps, according to a recent report published by industry organization GSA (Global mobile Suppliers Association).
The device will start shipping in some markets, including Sweden, in June. Pricing was not disclosed.
Send news tips and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visual tour: The Android tablets of MWC
- MWC video: VMware's Android app separates business and pleasure
- MWC video: Nvidia shows quad-core Project Kal-El
- Visual tour: Android phones take over Mobile World Congress
- 2011 a 'pivotal year' for NFC payments, say RIM, Orange and KT execs
- Tablets to be supercharged by quad-core chips
- Smartphones driving you nuts? Industry execs take note
- Android smartphone makers seek unique positions
- Full-duplex radio breakthrough can double Wi-Fi capacity
- RIM, Nokia, DoCoMo dodge Google's 'dumb pipe' menace
- An Insightful Approach to Optimizing Mainframe MLC Spend This paper discusses how you can penetrate the complexity of IBM mainframe MLC products and the MLC price model to gain insight into...
- Meeting the Exploding Demand for New IT Services In this eBook, explore the top trends driving the New IT for IT Service Management, and how leading organizations are evolving to focus...
- Hybrid IT-A Low-Risk Path from On-Premise to ITaaS This white paper provides a strategy to move part or all of your ITSM suite to the cloud as a stepping stone to...
- Paving the Windows XP Migration Path to Success Support for Windows XP has ended, leaving organizations with three choices: Windows 8, Windows 7 or a combination. With the right planning and...
- Increase Your Data Center IQ Discover how to improve network efficiency, lower IT costs and more proactively manage your physical, virtual and cloud environments.
- Optimize Data Center Resources and Plan for the Future Eliminate over-provisioning and capacity shortfalls with pro-active capacity optimization. Join us in the evolution from capacity monitoring to capacity optimization in your data... All Hardware White Papers | Webcasts