Mark Zuckerberg allegedly stalked on Facebook
Facebook CEO obtains restraining order against alleged stalker; hearing set for Feb. 22
Computerworld - Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg has allegedly been stalked by a man on his own social networking site.
A spokesman for Facebook confirmed to Computerworld today that Zuckerberg received a restraining order against a man allegedly stalking him.
Court records in Superior Court in Santa Clara County show that the restraining order was issued Jan. 31 against Pradeep Manukonda. A hearing is scheduled for Feb. 22.
The alleged stalking comes during a time of widespread media attention for Zuckerberg.
In December, the Facebook co-founder was named Time Magazine Person of the Year, ahead of Julian Assange, the man behind WikiLeaks, and the Tea Party organization.
Earlier in 2010, Zuckerberg was portrayed in the movie The Social Network as a socially inept and angry young man who became more villain than hero as he created and ran Facebook.
And then last December, Zuckerberg pledged to donate most of his wealth to charity.
Sharon Gaudin covers the Internet and Web 2.0, emerging technologies, and desktop and laptop chips for Computerworld. Follow Sharon on Twitter at @sgaudin, or subscribe to Sharon's RSS feed . Her e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more about Web Apps in Computerworld's Web Apps Topic Center.
- Six Ways Your Small Business Can Save with Internet Phone Service Traditional phone systems present two main problems for businesses: limited features and high costs. As a result, small businesses are migrating to Internet...
- Face Time Anytime Real-time communications facilitates team collaboration from nearly anywhere in the world. With facts and figures you can use to justify an investment
- Now is the time to implement a video conference solution Video conferencing is getting a lot of buzz lately due to the recent cost decrease, making it tangible for many law firms. It's...
- Video drives engagement Achieving maximum results means building a solid platform and network infrastructure. As digital age unfolds, it's clear that the ability to communicate effectively...
- LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users?
- On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy... All Web Apps White Papers | Webcasts