Mark Zuckerberg allegedly stalked on Facebook
Facebook CEO obtains restraining order against alleged stalker; hearing set for Feb. 22
Computerworld - Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg has allegedly been stalked by a man on his own social networking site.
A spokesman for Facebook confirmed to Computerworld today that Zuckerberg received a restraining order against a man allegedly stalking him.
Court records in Superior Court in Santa Clara County show that the restraining order was issued Jan. 31 against Pradeep Manukonda. A hearing is scheduled for Feb. 22.
The alleged stalking comes during a time of widespread media attention for Zuckerberg.
In December, the Facebook co-founder was named Time Magazine Person of the Year, ahead of Julian Assange, the man behind WikiLeaks, and the Tea Party organization.
Earlier in 2010, Zuckerberg was portrayed in the movie The Social Network as a socially inept and angry young man who became more villain than hero as he created and ran Facebook.
And then last December, Zuckerberg pledged to donate most of his wealth to charity.
Sharon Gaudin covers the Internet and Web 2.0, emerging technologies, and desktop and laptop chips for Computerworld. Follow Sharon on Twitter at @sgaudin, or subscribe to Sharon's RSS feed . Her e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more about Web Apps in Computerworld's Web Apps Topic Center.
- How Network Connections Drive Web Application Performance Users around the globe, on all sorts of devices, expect Web applications to function as seamlessly as desktop applications. This paper discusses the...
- Considerations For Effective Software License Management For many reasons, software license management has become a critical issue for many IT organizations and enterprise's alike. With many licensing options, hurdles...
- eBay uses 100% OpenSource WSO2 ESB to process more than 1Billion transactions a day Along with eBay's success comes a huge demand to ensure reliable, 24x7 availability of the services that enable these transactions. For eBay, that...
- A Reference Architecture for the Internet of Things The aim of this is to provide Architects and Developers of IoT projects with an effective starting point that covers the major requirements...
- It's not too late...Get Your Mobile Questions Answered Live! How can IT provide seamless and secure mobile communications and collaboration for all? Join this live Webcast as IDG asks an expert panel...
- Why do you need an enterprise mobile platform? Today companies must offer great apps that run on a range of devices, and connect to an exploding set of backend data. Appcelerator... All Web Apps White Papers | Webcasts