Mark Zuckerberg allegedly stalked on Facebook
Facebook CEO obtains restraining order against alleged stalker; hearing set for Feb. 22
Computerworld - Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg has allegedly been stalked by a man on his own social networking site.
A spokesman for Facebook confirmed to Computerworld today that Zuckerberg received a restraining order against a man allegedly stalking him.
Court records in Superior Court in Santa Clara County show that the restraining order was issued Jan. 31 against Pradeep Manukonda. A hearing is scheduled for Feb. 22.
The alleged stalking comes during a time of widespread media attention for Zuckerberg.
In December, the Facebook co-founder was named Time Magazine Person of the Year, ahead of Julian Assange, the man behind WikiLeaks, and the Tea Party organization.
Earlier in 2010, Zuckerberg was portrayed in the movie The Social Network as a socially inept and angry young man who became more villain than hero as he created and ran Facebook.
And then last December, Zuckerberg pledged to donate most of his wealth to charity.
Sharon Gaudin covers the Internet and Web 2.0, emerging technologies, and desktop and laptop chips for Computerworld. Follow Sharon on Twitter at @sgaudin, or subscribe to Sharon's RSS feed . Her e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more about Web Apps in Computerworld's Web Apps Topic Center.
- The DDoS Threat Spectrum Bolstered by favorable economics, today's global botnets are using distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks to target firewalls, web services, and applications, often simultaneously.
- Need to Replace MS Threat Management Gateway? Read this article to learn how F5's Secure Web Gateway solution provides a full set of features that can help you successfully migrate...
- The Shortfall of Network Load Balancing Applications running across networks encounter a wide range of performance, security, and availability challenges as IT department strive to deliver fast, secure access...
- Leave No App Behind with Software Defined Application Services F5 Software Defined Application Services (SDAS) is the next-generation model for delivering application services that enables service injection, consumption, automation, and orchestration across...
- What Does it Take to Deliver a Superior Customer Experience? The Two Top-Rated Online Retailers, B&H Photo and Crutchfield Electronics, Share Their Secrets Discuss practical CX tools and service methods such as contact center agents and the use of realtime speech analytics to help contact center...
- Keep Servers Up and Running and Attackers in the Dark An SSL/TLS handshake requires at least 10 times more processing power on a server than on the client. SSL renegotiation attacks can readily... All Web Apps White Papers | Webcasts