HP orders probe into Hurd's departure, report says
IDG News Service - Hewlett-Packard plans to commission an external probe into the resignation of former CEO Mark Hurd, including his controversial multimillion dollar severance package.
The investigation using outside lawyers would examine the “circumstances surrounding the departure of Mark Hurd and the board’s decision to approve the separation agreement between HP and Mr. Hurd,” according to court papers filed Jan. 14..
HP's plan for an outside investigation follows a lawsuit in San Jose by shareholders who allege that the company’s directors wasted money by giving Hurd $53 million in severance.
Shareholders and HP have asked a judge to put that lawsuit on hold for the investigation, but Hurd said he would consent only if the company gives him information that it has been unwilling to provide, Bloomberg reported.
Hurd’s resignation, which is also being investigated by the Securities and Exchange Commission, raised other questions about the former CEO's relations with HP.
An internal HP investigation into Hurd found that he tried to hide a personal relationship with a contractor.
In September, Hurd was named co-president of Oracle.
- Create Magical Vendor Presentations Using Analytics, TED and Steve Jobs
- Review + videos: 3 convertible Windows laptops try to be all devices to all people
- Reviews: HP's EliteBook 840 and Logitech's ConferenceCam CC3000e
- Helping Data Centers to Cope With Big Data Workloads
- HP upgrade project meets a NASA that's 'resistant to change'
- Power to the portable: 3 high-performance mobile workstations
- 3 Powerful Laptops Built for Serious Business
- As Twitter hires, HP fires
- Perspective: Microsoft's CEO pick will be dubbed a dud, bragged as brilliant
- 3 Things That Will Make the 'New' Dell Different
- Best iPhone, iPad Business Apps for 2014
- 14 Tech Conventions You Should Attend in 2014
- 10 Desktop Apps to Power Your Windows PC
- How to Add New Job Skills Without Going Back to School
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- SDCRAA Case Study: Adapting ERP to business needs This case study goes in depth about San Diego County Regional Airport Authority's created flexibility for a changing industry.
- Gartner 2013 Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Backup/Recovery Software See why CommVault was positioned as the #1 leader in Gartner's 2013 Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Backup/Recovery software for the 3rd year in...
- Forrester Report: CommVault is a Leader in Enterprise Backup and Recovery In this report, Forrester takes a deep dive into the evaluation criteria, how CommVault is positioned and the features and functionality that make...
- Forrester Wave for Enterprise Backup and Recovery Read this report to see how CommVault continues to outpace its competitors and why Forrester positioned CommVault Simpana as the top backup and...
- Four Myths of High-Productivity App Dev Debunked Debunk the main myths surrounding high-productivity application development and how both platforms have overcome them.
On-Demand Webcast: 7 Reasons to Choose VoIP
Thinking about a new phone system for your business?
Be sure to watch this informative webcast. Steve Strauss, small business columnist for USA...
All IT Careers White Papers |