HP orders probe into Hurd's departure, report says
IDG News Service - Hewlett-Packard plans to commission an external probe into the resignation of former CEO Mark Hurd, including his controversial multimillion dollar severance package.
The investigation using outside lawyers would examine the “circumstances surrounding the departure of Mark Hurd and the board’s decision to approve the separation agreement between HP and Mr. Hurd,” according to court papers filed Jan. 14..
HP's plan for an outside investigation follows a lawsuit in San Jose by shareholders who allege that the company’s directors wasted money by giving Hurd $53 million in severance.
Shareholders and HP have asked a judge to put that lawsuit on hold for the investigation, but Hurd said he would consent only if the company gives him information that it has been unwilling to provide, Bloomberg reported.
Hurd’s resignation, which is also being investigated by the Securities and Exchange Commission, raised other questions about the former CEO's relations with HP.
An internal HP investigation into Hurd found that he tried to hide a personal relationship with a contractor.
In September, Hurd was named co-president of Oracle.
- HP says never mind about June 3D printer announcement
- Create Magical Vendor Presentations Using Analytics, TED and Steve Jobs
- Review + videos: 3 convertible Windows laptops try to be all devices to all people
- Reviews: HP's EliteBook 840 and Logitech's ConferenceCam CC3000e
- Helping Data Centers to Cope With Big Data Workloads
- HP upgrade project meets a NASA that's 'resistant to change'
- Power to the portable: 3 high-performance mobile workstations
- 3 Powerful Laptops Built for Serious Business
- As Twitter hires, HP fires
- Perspective: Microsoft's CEO pick will be dubbed a dud, bragged as brilliant
- Why Projects Fail CIOs are expected to deliver more projects that transform business, and do so on time, on budget and with limited resources.
- The New Business Case for Video Conferencing: 7 Real-World Benefits Beyond Cost-Savings This whitepaper provides insight into the value of video conferencing in today's business environment, and how organizations are using visual collaboration to find...
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for Client Management Tools The client management tool market is maturing and evolving to adapt to consumerization, desktop virtualization, and an ongoing need to improve efficiency.
- Audit Ready and Asset Optimized: The Solid Promise of an Intelligent Software Asset Management Solution In this paper Frost & Sullivan examines the benefits of enterprise-grade Software Asset Management solutions, and how these solutions serve as the convergence...
- LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users?
- On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy... All IT Careers White Papers | Webcasts