IDG News Service - An IBM site for developers was defaced over the weekend, with attackers replacing some of the Web pages on the site with ones containing their own messages, IBM confirmed Monday.
No data was lost, nor were any user passwords exposed during the breach, said an IBM spokesman. The site was undergoing routine maintenance during the time of the breach.
The defaced pages were draped in black and titled "Defaced by Hmei7." They contained the scrolling message: "You have been Hacked !!!, not because of your stupidity That's because we love you, and we want to warn you That your web still has large of vulnerability."
One security firm, the Oświęcim, Poland-based Ariko Security, claimed on the Full Disclosure list that it contacted IBM seven months prior to this breach to warn the company of the site's vulnerabilities. Ariko employee Maciej Gojny identified a number of techniques that could be used to gain access to DeveloperWorks and a number of other IBM sites, including Cross-Site Scripting (XSS), Directory Traversal and Frame Injection.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- BlackBeard Case Study In this case study, learn how a business with 95% of revenues generated online was hit by DDoS attacks over a 6-month period,...
- Four Ways DNS Can Accelerate Business Growth This e-book describes how DNS has developed over the years to support business growth as new needs have emerged, for example, advanced traffic...
- Pay-as-you-Grow Data Protection: IBM Tivoli's Full-featured Data Protection Suite for Small to Medium Businesses IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Suite for Unified Recovery gives small and medium businesses the opportunity to start out with only the individual solutions...
- Streamline Data Protection with IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Operations Center IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) has been an industry-standard data protection solution for two decades. But, where most competitors focus exclusively on Backup...
- Meg Whitman presents Unlocking IT with Big Data During this Web Event you will hear Meg Whitman, President and CEO, HP discuss HAVEn - the #1 Big Data platform, as well...
- The New Way to Work Knowledge Vault This Knowledge Vault focuses on how, in today's increasingly virtual world, it's more important than ever to engage deeply with employees, suppliers, partners,... All Network Security White Papers | Webcasts