It's a good thing the glasses are designed to block out peripheral distractions. Otherwise, everyone in the room would be too busy admiring one another's slick 3D eyewear to pay attention to the action on the screen.
Marchon3D EX3D glasses will come out later this year and cost $30 to $35.
Citi ThankYou Prestige 2G credit card Credit card terms and rewards have become more and more complicated over the years, and the cards have followed suit. First, magnetic strips were added for electronic transactions. Then small chips showed up in some cards so that consumers could wave their plastic in the general direction of a reader to make a transaction, rather than having to swipe it.
A company called Dynamics has joined forces with Citi to create a new breed of credit card. The Citi ThankYou Prestige 2G Card is built on Dynamics' Card 2.0 platform, and it features two buttons on the front. By pressing the Regular Credit button, users can pay for a purchase with credit as they normally would. Alternatively, they can press the Request Rewards button, allowing them to redeem points or cash rewards when the card is swiped. (Pressing a button activates a corresponding light to confirm the selected option.)
This innovation will no doubt simplify reward-point and cash-reward redemptions -- so as long as the cardholder is keeping a running tab of his or her redemption points and cash rewards, as well as where they can be used and on what sort of purchases. Then again, the cardholder may press the Request Rewards button each time and hope for the best.
Dynamics Card 2.0 technology was named the Best of Innovations Winner for Personal Electronics award at CES, and it's pretty cool. Among the features available to banks and credit card companies for use in ther own cards are buttons for selecting which account -- say, checking or credit -- you want to access when swiping your card. Another feature requires a user to enter a PIN code to display the credit card number, making it less useful to thieves.
Reese's MinisHershey decided that CES 2011 was the perfect venue to unveil its Reese's Minis, "the smallest Reese's peanut butter cups ever." Electronics have gotten smaller. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups have gotten smaller. So they go together! Get it? Note: Feasting on too many handfuls of these nano-candies has an enlarging effect on the user's physique.
ZoomSafer for Android betaYou might be a smartphone addict if you're fully aware of the dangers of "distracted driving" -- that is, driving while texting or chatting on your phone -- but can't bring yourself to turn off your device when you get behind the wheel. A company called ZoomSafer unveiled at CES a software client for the Android OS that can help.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- What Datapipe customers need to know about the new PCI DSS 3.0 compliance standard This handy quick reference outlines what PCI DSS 3.0 is, who needs to be compliant and how Alert Logic solutions address the new...
- The 12 PCI DSS 3.0 requirements addressed by Peer 1 Hosting This handy quick reference outlines the 12 PCI DSS 3.0 requirements, who needs to be compliant and how Alert Logic solutions address the...
- Defense Throughout the Vulnerability Life Cycle This whitepaper provides insight into how to leverage threat and log management technologies to protect your IT assets throughout their vulnerability life cycle.
- The Critical Role of Support in Your Enterprise Mobility Management Strategy Most business leaders underestimate the importance of tech support when they choose an EMM solution. Here's what to put on your checklist.
- Live Webcast Best Practices for the Hyperconverged Enterprise Network To the Age of Constant Connectivity and Information overload
- Live Webcast Unmasking the Differences between Consumer and Enterprise File Sync & Share The consumerization of IT combined with the rapid pace of the modern mobile workplace is forcing enterprise IT teams to evaluate file sync...
- Live Webcast Government Agency Webifies Outdated COBOL Applications Let this CTO tell you how his agency converted 1980s-era green screens into an e-filing portal for the 100,000 cases handled each year...
- The New Way to Work Knowledge Vault This Knowledge Vault focuses on how, in today's increasingly virtual world, it's more important than ever to engage deeply with employees, suppliers, partners,...
- Getting Ready for BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10.2 Find out how BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10 helps organizations address the full spectrum of EMM challenges, while balancing the needs of both the... All Applications White Papers | Webcasts