PC World - Susan Kindler, a self-described "newbie to Windows," asked me about a good Windows 7 tutorial.
There are plenty of books and DVDs available to take you step by step through Windows. I'm sure some of them are excellent. But if you simply want to feel comfortable with the basics, a book or a DVD is probably overkill.
Top-Windows-Tutorials.com, which sells the Windows 7 Superguide as a DVD-ROM and as a digital download, also offers 17 video tutorials for free. If you're having trouble adjusting to the latest version of Windows, or to computing in general, or if you know someone who's having trouble, these tutorials are a great place to start.
I suggest that you--or your friend in need--start with Tutorial 1 - Introduction to the Desktop, and work your way slowly to the last one, Tutorial 17 - Devices and Printers. After you view a video, try out the features it describes. Then try it again, playing with the features as you watch.
- Path Selection Infographic Path Selection Infographic
- Hyperconvergence Infographic A wide range of observers agree that data centers are now entering an era of "hyperconvergence" that will raise network traffic levels faster...
- Preparing Your Infrastructure for the Hyperconvergence Era From cloud computing and virtualization to mobility and unified communications, an array of innovative technologies is transforming today's data centers.
- How WAN Optimization Helps Enterprises Reduce Costs If you wanted to break down innovation into a tidy equation, it might go something like this: Technology + Connectivity = Productivity. Productivity...
- Cloud Knowledge Vault Learn how your organization can benefit from the scalability, flexibility, and performance that the cloud offers through the short videos and other resources...
- LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users? All Windows White Papers | Webcasts