Computerworld UK - Three SAP vice presidents and a head of services are leaving the company as part of a major management reshuffle.
SAP has confirmed that Doug Merritt, executive vice president at SAP and general manager of sales at the company's Business Objects division, is leaving, alongside global field services head Bernd-Michael Rumpf.
Computerworld UK has also learned that SAP executive vice president Bob Stutz, who manages mobile applications, will leave, as will Singh Mecker, senior vice president and head of SAP's global sales partners. SAP has not yet confirmed these two changes.
An SAP spokesperson insisted the changes were part of an annual reshuffle before Christmas, but also suggested they were related to business goals.
"We usually have an adjustment of our organizations every year, to make sure we are on our strategy and hitting our targets," he said. "It happens mid-December every year."
The news comes in a year when SAP has been pushing a "four-element" strategy of offering clients a mixture of on-premise, on-demand and on-device applications, and better application orchestration capabilities. In-memory technology is a crucial part of the on-premise strategy.
In February, SAP took on two chief executives, Jim Snabe and Bill McDermott, to replace Leo Apotheker, now head of Hewlett-Packard.
As part of the new changes, Rob Enselin, the North America president at SAP, will head sales. Sanjay Poonen, senior vice president and general manager at Business Objects, has also been promoted, but his new title has not yet been confirmed.
- The New IT Explore enhanced productivity for IT staff, and seamless integration across IT operation management systems. Download now.
- API Playbook: Drive API Adoption Through Developer Engagement Learn the best practices of how to engage developers, whether your goal is to attract external developers to your public APIs or improve...
- Leverage the Power of APIs to Turbocharge Your Mobile Strategy: 7 Steps to a Successful API Program In this guide, Intel® Services-which offers industry-leading API management solutions for over 150 top enterprises, including Best Buy, Netflix, Expedia, ESPN, and The...
- Troubleshooting Common Issues in VoIP Learn more about Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), including common VoIP metrics used, best practices in VoIP management and tips and tricks for...
- Bringing software licenses into compliance A hospital group received a software license audit, so they called in CDW to help define and manage their software licensing status.
- API Management: The Key to Improving the Consumer Travel Experience Join PhoCusWright's Senior Technology Analyst, Norm Rose, as he shares his insights on how travel suppliers and intermediaries can improve industry data flow... All IT Careers White Papers | Webcasts
Our 28th annual survey results show which IT skills are in high demand and which are cooling off. Also, see how your salary stacks up to peers' with our Smart Salary Tool.