Computerworld UK - Three SAP vice presidents and a head of services are leaving the company as part of a major management reshuffle.
SAP has confirmed that Doug Merritt, executive vice president at SAP and general manager of sales at the company's Business Objects division, is leaving, alongside global field services head Bernd-Michael Rumpf.
Computerworld UK has also learned that SAP executive vice president Bob Stutz, who manages mobile applications, will leave, as will Singh Mecker, senior vice president and head of SAP's global sales partners. SAP has not yet confirmed these two changes.
An SAP spokesperson insisted the changes were part of an annual reshuffle before Christmas, but also suggested they were related to business goals.
"We usually have an adjustment of our organizations every year, to make sure we are on our strategy and hitting our targets," he said. "It happens mid-December every year."
The news comes in a year when SAP has been pushing a "four-element" strategy of offering clients a mixture of on-premise, on-demand and on-device applications, and better application orchestration capabilities. In-memory technology is a crucial part of the on-premise strategy.
In February, SAP took on two chief executives, Jim Snabe and Bill McDermott, to replace Leo Apotheker, now head of Hewlett-Packard.
As part of the new changes, Rob Enselin, the North America president at SAP, will head sales. Sanjay Poonen, senior vice president and general manager at Business Objects, has also been promoted, but his new title has not yet been confirmed.
- Why Projects Fail CIOs are expected to deliver more projects that transform business, and do so on time, on budget and with limited resources.
- The New Business Case for Video Conferencing: 7 Real-World Benefits Beyond Cost-Savings This whitepaper provides insight into the value of video conferencing in today's business environment, and how organizations are using visual collaboration to find...
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for Client Management Tools The client management tool market is maturing and evolving to adapt to consumerization, desktop virtualization, and an ongoing need to improve efficiency.
- Audit Ready and Asset Optimized: The Solid Promise of an Intelligent Software Asset Management Solution In this paper Frost & Sullivan examines the benefits of enterprise-grade Software Asset Management solutions, and how these solutions serve as the convergence...
- LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users?
- On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy... All IT Careers White Papers | Webcasts