Computerworld UK - Three SAP vice presidents and a head of services are leaving the company as part of a major management reshuffle.
SAP has confirmed that Doug Merritt, executive vice president at SAP and general manager of sales at the company's Business Objects division, is leaving, alongside global field services head Bernd-Michael Rumpf.
Computerworld UK has also learned that SAP executive vice president Bob Stutz, who manages mobile applications, will leave, as will Singh Mecker, senior vice president and head of SAP's global sales partners. SAP has not yet confirmed these two changes.
An SAP spokesperson insisted the changes were part of an annual reshuffle before Christmas, but also suggested they were related to business goals.
"We usually have an adjustment of our organizations every year, to make sure we are on our strategy and hitting our targets," he said. "It happens mid-December every year."
The news comes in a year when SAP has been pushing a "four-element" strategy of offering clients a mixture of on-premise, on-demand and on-device applications, and better application orchestration capabilities. In-memory technology is a crucial part of the on-premise strategy.
In February, SAP took on two chief executives, Jim Snabe and Bill McDermott, to replace Leo Apotheker, now head of Hewlett-Packard.
As part of the new changes, Rob Enselin, the North America president at SAP, will head sales. Sanjay Poonen, senior vice president and general manager at Business Objects, has also been promoted, but his new title has not yet been confirmed.
- 2014 IT Workplace Trends and Salary Guide Staying competitive in the IT market can be challenging. This guide provides you with insight into variety of IT workplace trends including, U.S....
- Agility & Scalability for Oracle EBS R12 and RAC on VMware vSphere 5 This white paper outlines extensive performance and scalability testing of Oracle EBS applications on a Vblock™ Systems with vSphere 5.
- Oracle and VCE: The Next Step in Integrated Computing Platforms In this ESG Lab review you will learn how a VCE system driven by Oracle, delivers the perfect blend of high performance and...
- Migrate Oracle Apps from RISC/UNIX to Virtualized x86 Ready to move Oracle to a virtualized environment? This brief explains how true converged infrastructure can help you migrate from a RISC/UNIX environment...
- Keep Servers Up and Running and Attackers in the Dark An SSL/TLS handshake requires at least 10 times more processing power on a server than on the client. SSL renegotiation attacks can readily...
- On Demand: Mastering the Art of Mobile Content Management Mobile device usage in the enterprise has skyrocketed, and it continues to escalate. IT must answer to users who demand access to their... All IT Careers White Papers | Webcasts
Our 28th annual survey results show which IT skills are in high demand and which are cooling off. Also, see how your salary stacks up to peers' with our Smart Salary Tool.