Computerworld UK - Three SAP vice presidents and a head of services are leaving the company as part of a major management reshuffle.
SAP has confirmed that Doug Merritt, executive vice president at SAP and general manager of sales at the company's Business Objects division, is leaving, alongside global field services head Bernd-Michael Rumpf.
Computerworld UK has also learned that SAP executive vice president Bob Stutz, who manages mobile applications, will leave, as will Singh Mecker, senior vice president and head of SAP's global sales partners. SAP has not yet confirmed these two changes.
An SAP spokesperson insisted the changes were part of an annual reshuffle before Christmas, but also suggested they were related to business goals.
"We usually have an adjustment of our organizations every year, to make sure we are on our strategy and hitting our targets," he said. "It happens mid-December every year."
The news comes in a year when SAP has been pushing a "four-element" strategy of offering clients a mixture of on-premise, on-demand and on-device applications, and better application orchestration capabilities. In-memory technology is a crucial part of the on-premise strategy.
In February, SAP took on two chief executives, Jim Snabe and Bill McDermott, to replace Leo Apotheker, now head of Hewlett-Packard.
As part of the new changes, Rob Enselin, the North America president at SAP, will head sales. Sanjay Poonen, senior vice president and general manager at Business Objects, has also been promoted, but his new title has not yet been confirmed.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- SDCRAA Case Study: Adapting ERP to business needs This case study goes in depth about San Diego County Regional Airport Authority's created flexibility for a changing industry.
- Pay-as-you-Grow Data Protection: IBM Tivoli's Full-featured Data Protection Suite for Small to Medium Businesses IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Suite for Unified Recovery gives small and medium businesses the opportunity to start out with only the individual solutions...
- Streamline Data Protection with IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Operations Center IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) has been an industry-standard data protection solution for two decades. But, where most competitors focus exclusively on Backup...
- Simplify and Consolidate Data Protection for Better Business Results Learn about IBM® Tivoli® Storage Manager Operations Center, which provides advanced visualization, built-in analytics and integrated workflow automation features that leapfrog traditional backup...
- Meg Whitman presents Unlocking IT with Big Data During this Web Event you will hear Meg Whitman, President and CEO, HP discuss HAVEn - the #1 Big Data platform, as well...
- The New Way to Work Knowledge Vault This Knowledge Vault focuses on how, in today's increasingly virtual world, it's more important than ever to engage deeply with employees, suppliers, partners,... All IT Careers White Papers | Webcasts